vintage caravelle

gadgetguy

Recruit
Hi ya'll , i'm a newby here and this is my first post. recently i acquired an old caravelle boat that needs a bit of work and am seeking some info, i'm told it's a 74 but don't see a year on the tag, is there any way to find out? it's an old cx161. also it needs some interior work. someone removed the side boards and whatever went over the back compartment in front of the transome. does anyone maybe have some pics of a similar boat and maybe know where i may be able to acquire some interior parts?
Thanks in advance
HarryC

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: vintage caravelle

Welcome to iBoats!!!
You need to post some pics so we can see what you're working with. Checkf out my signature for an easy wasy to post em!!! I'm sure you will get lots of guys with knowledge of your boat. We like Pics!

I'm just sayin...:D

mr 88

Commander

The serial number should be imbedded on the outside of the transom,normaly on the starboard side. The last 2 digits would read 74,indicating that she was built in 1974.I believe after about 1973 it was required on all boats built in the US

jonesg

Admiral

Hi ya'll , i'm a newby here and this is my first post. recently i acquired an old caravelle boat that needs a bit of work and am seeking some info, i'm told it's a 74 but don't see a year on the tag, is there any way to find out? it's an old cx161. also it needs some interior work. someone removed the side boards and whatever went over the back compartment in front of the transome. does anyone maybe have some pics of a similar boat and maybe know where i may be able to acquire some interior parts?
Thanks in advance
HarryC

You will have to build your own parts, sounds like you need a splashwell.
Replacement parts for new boats is difficult enough, forget old boat parts unless you find a scrap boat hull.

My splashwell was missing when I got the boat so I didn't know what the original looked like.
I built a splashwell from ply and glassed it.

Attachments

• splashwell.jpg
    splashwell.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1
  • nosplashwell.jpg
    nosplashwell.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1