Yo Rodbolt.

gonefishie

Commander
Is this the infamous "fogging hole" on the intake silencer? On the upper left corner, there's a plastic fitting that isn't hooked to anything. If not, do I take the intake silencer assembly off and spray fogging oil directly into the individual intake? why do they called it a silencer? is it going to be loud as hell when the motor is running without it?

Another thought, how come there's no air filter on outboard? I've never thought about it until now.

Thanks.

Attachments

• yamaha intake manifold.jpg
    yamaha intake manifold.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 0

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yo Rodbolt.

I think Rod is gone from here.
Depends on what motor you are talking about
It defiantly makes it run quieter
What does an air filter remove from the air going into the motor( Dust)and is it out there on the water?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Not sure what happened but look at any one of his posts and you will see what his rank is

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It's a TEMPORARY ban only. He will be allowed back on the 24th. Why he was given the temporary vacation, is not open for discussion.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

We or he will get a Christmas present then:D good to hear

robert graham

Admiral

It's good that he'll be back because I consider Rodbolt the strongest outboard motor technical resource on the forums, although I notice he don't much take to folks arguing with him on technical issues.

gonefishie

Commander

Upon further inspection, I decided to take the intake silencer off and and sprayed directly into the header. A lot more efficient that way.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

No dust on the water.but what about swarms of flying insects( of all sizes,ive choked on them at night on the lake! ),and pollen which ive had obscure my veiw on the lake at times? it also gets in my mouth/nose and burns and sticks in my eyes as I speed through it when fishing in the springtime????does the motor just injest it and spit it out unharmed??When I change my auto air filters after pollen season,they are clogged w pollen!