WTB stock piston(s) standard bore for my Kawa 97 1100 STX

sbklf

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Bought this ski in 04 and am just now getting to it (busy these days). Not sure what it needs so I am poorboying it together before spending too much $ on it. It had low compression (85 range) so I pulled it apart. Kind of stumped why it was so low on two of the cylinders because they were so clean (third one scored). My plan is to replace the one scored piston and put a set of new rings in it and see if I can get it running long enough to test all the other componants. The cylinders measure 80mm which appears to be the standard bore. EDIT

Thanks, Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

master.baiter

Recruit
Re: WTB stock piston(s) standard bore for my Kawa 97 1100 STX

if all you want is one 80mm piston, stock, i have one. do you need pin,bearing,rings and clips too??

sbklf

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: WTB stock piston(s) standard bore for my Kawa 97 1100 STX

if all you want is one 80mm piston, stock, i have one. do you need pin,bearing,rings and clips too??

I planned to reuse my pin and bearing as they look OK but if you think it would be better to use a pin and bearing that was not subjected to the same heat that ruined the piston, I would need them also. I have new rings coming. Thanks so much for the response, Kevin