Lund Boat

Little Mike

Cadet
Need help. Just bought a 05 Fisherman. Can't seem to get the live well working.
The boat was rack stored and when it came out of the water I noticed a hole in the hull toward the front (right side), the hole appears to be factory, I'm assuming that it is the intake for the live wells. The former owner informed me that he never used the live wells (I believe him). Could it be the switch or should I be doing something with the pump. I really didn't have much time to tinker with it before winter heated indoor storage. Other than the live well issue everything else functions properly. Thanks.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Lund Boat

If the hole at the front is above the water line, that is obviously NOT the intake. It is the overflow. The intake is at the stern of the boat and the pump is also located there. The instake is usually right next to the drain hole for the bilge. Check the fuse for the pump. If the pump was never used, it probably has a stuck motor. On some pumps you can unsnap the motor assembly. Turn the impeller by hand to free it up. If it feels tight, you probably need to replace the pump as it will continually blow the fuse.

Russell48

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Do you even know if the pump it working or not??

mphy98

Lieutenant

It is also possible that it is an ice chest and that is the water outlet. That is how mine is rigged up. Livewell in the rear, ice chest up front.

Little Mike

Cadet

Thanks for quick responses. The hole that I referenced is below the water line on the bottom side of the boat. The boat has overnighted in the water three times with no leakage, that's why I thought it might be an intake of sorts. By the way where is the fuse located for the pump, is there a fuse box or is it an inline fuse. The boat is in storage now. I should have waited till spring so I could address the problem right away but it's been bugging me and I found the forum and couldn't resist the urge to help for assistance. Thanks

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Have you actually stuck your head under the helm to see if there is a fuse panel under there? If you have switches at the helm, then there would very likely be a fuse panel under there as well. That hole at the front is not the intake. It will not be below the water line at times when the boat is on plane. Look at the back of the boat. How many holes do you see? Answer is at least one, probably two.

Little Mike

Cadet

Thanks Silvertip. No, I haven't searched for a fuse panel as yet. When I get the boat out of storage it will be the first thing I do but in the meantime I am still puzzled about the hole on the bottom of the hull near the bow of the boat.
The hole is under the waterline, doesn't appear to allow water into the boat and it appears to be a factory made hole. Without the boat in my garage it's impossible to look for intakes on the stern, but I really appreciate everyone's
responses to date. Thanks