new member intro

stevo0476

Recruit
Hi folks

I missed my start a bit (to say the least) on this great forum (and I did not read the rules ) . I did not introduce myself so that was a bit rude. I apologize for that.

I'm Steve from Belgium Europe. Been busy with boats since I was a kid.

I bought an old Picton fiberglass speedboat with an equaly old engine as I did not have tons of money to spend on the hobby.

The boat is still in pretty good shape even after 30+ years.

Main problem is that the interiour has fungus and must all over the place due to the fact that they covered the boat with trailercanvas (non Breathable stuff) and our weather did not help much either so I stripped her down to the bones.

The plywood sections inside were also affected so I had to make new ones. The engine was overhauled by official servicemen and runs great.

I have my own hangar to work on it but the main problem remains the weather. It's as cold in the hangar as it is outside (minus 10?C aprox. 14? F). No point trying to fit a screw in the boat with your hands if your fingers fall off whilst trying ;)

Cheers

Steve

Summer Fun

Banned
Re: new member intro

Steve, Welcome to iboats. :) . Its not much warmer over here. 23 ?F.

LadyFish

Admiral

Welcome to iboats Steve from across the big pond! :)

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Good to meet you Steve.
We have good friends who come from Belgium, so over the years we have met all their family when they have visited etc.
Cheers
Phillip