hy-lyte/lyok hardware

wimpy 69

Cadet
Have a 71' duranautic that i want to replace old awl hardware with these fastners (mainly flush) . Anyone here ever use or heard of any problems with them. Run salt water 90% of time.

registeroot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: hy-lyte/lyok hardware

like these? hi-lites are titanium alloy fasteners. they are air tight, when installed correctly. used in aircraft.

Attachments

• HSTgroup.JPG
    HSTgroup.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 0

wimpy 69

Cadet

Them's it, my spelling was off. Familiar with use, but not with marine enviroment. Any disimilar metal problem's ?

registeroot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

no galvanic corrosion problems with the ones i have used in alluminium alloy.

they are probobly very expensive tough!

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

You want to replace old hardware fasteners ? They were SS right ?

I dont see the reason ( you might be able to say why ) for such high tech "nuts and bolts".

I hear that NASA has a special on there leftovers from the shuttle program.. ;) Im kidding .. really kiddin here..

Seriously..Im kidding :)

Why not replace with the SS ?

YD.

wimpy 69

Cadet

Actually, the previous owner had fabricated an alum bow cover for a sort of dry cuddy area using steel screws(replace with flush). Rod holder's were installed w/steel hardware also along with a cooler/tackle/baitboard tray by drilling out rivet's and using steel n/b. Now you see why. No SS. The flush fasteners will prevent rope damage and especially body scrapes. Also it can easily be removable. As far as the cost of fitting's -Ask me no question's and i'll tell you no lie's- leave it at that.