Yahoo users and annoying advertisements.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
If you are a Yahoo user who has Yahoo as your home page, you may have noticed these obnoxious ads that "jump out" or scroll across the screen and cover up part of the screen. I found this very annoying.

The solution is to wait for the next jump out or scroll ad. Look at the bottom of the ad and there will be two links, "replay ad" and "ad feedback". Take the "ad feedback" link and you can send a response to the ad. Make it negative, saying you will switch to another home page if they continue with obnoxious ads. After that there is a screen that lists the type of ads you will get. Opt out of all the ads, after 7 are opted out, a message will come up giving you the option of opting out of all ad catagories. Select yes.

This should reduce your footprint on the web, and hopefully, will reduce the obnoxious jump out ads that obscure the screen.

Yes, I know they make their money off advertising. So don't even bother to reply if that is what you are going to say.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Yahoo users and annoying advertisements.

Thank You, take that black friday ,cyber monday. Back to the home page I go.

gonefishie

Commander

I find that annoying too and photobucket is getting really really bad at that.

skargo

Banned

I use google as my homepage and firefox as my browser, no ads, which is great!

perchin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use google as my homepage and firefox as my browser, no ads, which is great!

I sometimes ask myself why people continue to use inferior, outdated stuff...then I remember there are still paid subs. to AOL...:D:eek: lol

jkust

Rear Admiral

The first time that happened on Yahoo I sent them the negative feedback. I have noticed these are happening all over the place now. What I really hate is when you research something, then buy it, but the adds are all taylored to buying that same thing even though you bought it. The adds follow you whereever you go.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I just use firefox with the ad blocker plug in as well as the popup blocker activated, have very few problems with ad's on any of the pages I visit, I don't even seen the ad's on iboats, unless I choose to.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I just use firefox with the ad blocker plug in as well as the popup blocker activated, have very few problems with ad's on any of the pages I visit, I don't even seen the ad's on iboats, unless I choose to.

Wow! I just added the adblock extension to firefox and you are correct! The ads to the right of the posts are gone! And the banner ads at the top of the forum are gone too.

That is too cool!