Michigan Wheel Match

pokman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys looking for a 21p ss prop and on this site they have the Michigan wheel match on sale for $170 and free shipping. ANyone use this prop any pros or cons I should know about.

Re: Michigan Wheel Match

Not much info on the ss version but the aluminum does all right it is just a factory replacement prop. As far a performance goes it does better than my factory prop. Construction in good the only problem with my was the trim ring came off the second trip out but it didn?t hurt the performance at all

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I use a 17 (for skiing) and 19 pitch (for cruising) on my Chrysler. I believe it was originally a Mercury prop. The splines are the same and those with hubs to fit small gearcase Mercs will fit late model Chrysler and early Force engines.

It is a well made prop, It comes cupped standard, aluminum is not. It runs about 200 RPM faster on my boat and it holds the water better than a stock aluminum prop. It won't make your engine a "fire-breather" but will perform quite nicely. I'm very satisfied with mine.

170? Why? Are you sure it is stainless? Aluminum is 178 bucks. IMHO: At 170 with shipping included, it is worth the expense.

thesledhead

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey guys looking for a 21p ss prop and on this site they have the Michigan wheel match on sale for $170 and free shipping. ANyone use this prop any pros or cons I should know about.

I was given a brand new Michigan wheel 21p with my old boat when I bought it. The boat seemed to cavatate at take off and was just a dog so I threw a 19p bravo prop that the previous owner had in the boat on it and what a difference but it overreved so I bought a mirage 21p and the boat would launch, hit its rpm range and go 7 mph faster than the MW 21. So I guess take it for what its worth but I think ya get what you pay for.