Ok ok sorry waterpump ?

bige818

Cadet
I looked and searched,no answer. So heres my question,I have a 95 Mariner 20hp. Awesome motor btw!! I want to change the water pump,nothings wrong with it mind you,i have a nice stream out the peehole and runs cool and great. Just preventative measures. I bought the motor over a year ago and ive changed the plugs and changed the lower unit oil and dismantled and cleaned the carbs, i have the clymer book. Now my question,do i just change the impellor?? what about seals and gaskets?? Or is just buying and replacing the impellor ok? Thank you all for your time. You guys and gals are the best!!

RadarRick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Ok ok sorry waterpump ?

Get the pump kit & do the whole thing. It's a few more bucks, but a good preventative measure.

I got a 2003 outboard recently as a kicker on a boat. When I serviced the water pump, I found that the housing was scored and had a hairline crack on one edge. The impeller looked great but the pump wasn't working well.

With your 95, especially if you aren't sure of the service history, it's probably time to do the whole pump.

bige818

Cadet

Good answer and thank you,better to be safe than sorry!

RadarRick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You're welcome. Let us know if there are any surprises

Good luck!