Suzuki prop

max3812

Recruit
I have a 20' Sea Ark cc boat with a 150 hp Suzuki four stroke motor, the boat has a 15 degree hull, with a 72" bottom and weighs about 2860 lbs with motor, fuel, passangers and gear. I have a 3 blade Suzuki 14 3/4 X 23 propeller on the boat presently. I'm not completely satisfyed with the performance of the boat, I can just get 5000 rpm out of it. Also the propeller is extremely thin at the edges, I use the boat to fish redfish in shallow ponds. I have had to rebuild the prop three times in the last two years. Can someone suggest a prop I may be better satisfied with.
Max3812

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Suzuki prop

We're about 800-1000 rpm short of our rpm goal so we might look at set up too. My gut feeling is that a large diameter 23" prop may be a little aggressive especially if there is no jackplate. If the blades are thin then we may not be able to get it to grab water at a higher mounting. I have some standard Suzuki props in stock but I would think something like a Siletto 3 blade would work nicely.

max3812

Recruit

The boat is not equipped with a jack plate, however it has pontoons at the rear to assist in shallow water starts. It is an aluminum boat that was designed to fish for redfish in shallow ponds and open bays.

max3812

Recruit

Dhadley how can I get in touch with you, sent e-mail, no response.