1986 85hp Force Manual Tilt Lock

jason32038

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys and gals it looks to me like a previous owner removed all the hardware for the manual tilt lock. The flapper thing is still there to grab onto the trim pin but it's a headache to pull the string up to unlock it and grab the engine with one hand and tilt up. Anyone know where I might find these missing pieces? I can't seem to locate them on my own. Thanks!!

mauiboy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1986 85hp Force Manual Tilt Lock

If your talking about the rod that conects to the clamp. I could not find one two what I did was I used a metal hanger cut it to fit and left enough room to twist the wire to secure it to the nob and that clamp I had no props.

Cannondale

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1986 85hp Force Manual Tilt Lock

Here's boats.net and an example of the parts you might need.....around part #'s high 30's and th emid-50's.......

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc2/Force/85 H.P. (1986)/858F6C/MOTOR LEG/parts.html

If this isn't the proper 1986 85hp, just start the model search over, but the parts you are looking for, the reverse lockout lever, pin, etc., should be pretty much interchangeable for the 85hp models of the same year.