Liberator owners what prop?

dellsboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Bought a 4 winns 201 with 350 Gm/OMC came with 20 pitch SS prop that needs to be straightened and refirbed. Local prop shop said can change pitch up one to 21....anyone have this combo engine with 21? What should I expect for top end? With 19 Alum on boat seller said it will do 55....
Thanks

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: Liberator owners what prop?

I take it from your post that you have not tried out this, or any prop yet. Keep what you have and test it. Read the prop section for what you need to look for while testing and if your results are not satisfactory, post what info you have collected, and what you would like to improve and we can give you some suggestions as what needs changing.
Bottom line, dont change things unless you know why you are changing them and what will happen with the change.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

You may find someone with your exact boat but not likely.Your better off if you
get us your present rpm and speed with your present prop.
We can estimate your prop requirements and whether you can spin the 21.
Also would help to know the year and hp.

dellsboater

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, have not tried any thing yet, just going on previous owner said...wanted to get it fixed and on before put boat on lift for the season, can not change unless I pull it out again. Saw a lot of people with 201 20 foot liberators posted before hoped one might know. Its a 350 gm, 270 hp, 1988. Boat wieghs 2800 lbs...