de carb?

duff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have read alot of posts on the topic. I have had my bass boat now for 16 months. it has a 1999 200hp EFI. compression is even all 95-100

I have used stabil (marine) to help with the E-10 gas we have here in CA/AZ.

I have never de carbed my motor. I was told to use quickleen from my local dealer. 2 weeks ago.

My questions are

1. should I try this method? or should I use seafoam first?
2. should I use quickleen with everyfill up inplace of stabil? my boat rarely sits for more than 2 weeks
3. should I use seafoam with every fill up inplace of stabil or quickleen?
4. should I do a SHOCK treatment? or just start adding it to my fuel at fill up?

about the seafoam treatment what would I need to replace after I do this? plugs only?

I ask this as I just replaced the plugs and fuel filter. I did keep the old plugs!

Thank you in advance for your time.

duff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: de carb?

Thank you, for the reply those are some of the topics I have read. There just seems to be a few different opinins out there just seems unclear some times.

Will try it out

Thanks duff

j_martin

Admiral
Re: de carb?

Thank you, for the reply those are some of the topics I have read. There just seems to be a few different opinins out there just seems unclear some times.

Will try it out

Thanks duff

Odds are good you'll muck up a plug. If the old ones are good, use them for the clean up, then put the new ones back in.

Just my 02. I usually decarb, then change plugs and filters, along with fuel pump kit, timing check, LU oil, water pump, etc. It's a spring dance.

Motor's 22 years old. Hasn't let me down yet. Just nags, like stuck trim, oil alarm, spun prop, etc. Nothing that being reasonably prepared doesn't cover.