My beautiful new Retriever

Here is a photo of my beautiful new retriever. He is very spirited and needs a little more obedience training and TLC but he sure finds the game. I now have to teach him to let go of the prey, he thinks it's all his. He loves to come out for a ride in the back of the truck but I have to dock (bob) his tail a little. It is amazing how fast he runs when he gets going and his stamina is unreal. I'm not suposed to do this (it upsets my wife) but he is fantastic in a fight. No other dog has ever beaten him, you should see his trophys, (I hide them from my wife though). What do you think of him? He is so beautiful and soft and has such gentle eyes. I need someone to nurse his head when I dock his tail. He gets a bit excited and tends to nip a bit when I pull back on his tail. I tell ya fellas, he was a real pain to castrate, he really got upset. :D

Attachments

• MY NEW RETREIVER.jpg
    MY NEW RETREIVER.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0

dozerII

Admiral
Re: My beautiful new Retriever

I bet you let him do anything he wants, Training him to sit and stay may be an issue as well.

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

I don't think I'd let him eat at the table either.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

What a cutie i bet he loves belly rubs and is a bed hog.

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

Looks all warm and cuddly:eek:

Was it easy house breaking him?

I don't think a 2x4 would be enough to get his attention let alone a rolled up news paper:D