Thanks Yamaha iboats forum!

bear_69cuda

Commander
Gang,

rodbolt...

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me though the winterizing/fogging process, I really respect and appreciate all your help and expertise! iboats is a really great thing!

Finished winterizing my F150TXR, vst drain/fill with remote mix, new cup filter, new H20/fuel separator, remote tank fogging 20 min at idle on muffs, gear oil change, lubed all Zerk's, lube prop shaft, oil change/filter, removed oil with vacuum suction tank (very slick!), removed plugs sprayed cylinders with fogging oil, turned engine over with no spark to distribute fogging oil, stabilized fuel, filled up with no ETOH 92 octane.. All fresh H20 tanks/lines filled with pink RV. I'm ready for storage... :redface: Good and sad at the same time.. The season is finished....

Thanks again!

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Thanks Yamaha iboats forum!

Hey Bear, my winterization process was nearly identical to yours. I also did the remote tank fogging procedure on my F150. Only thing I didn't do was pull the plugs and add fogging oil there. Was that just some extra precaution on your part, or is that extra step recommended in addition to the remote tank mix?

Thanks!

bear_69cuda

Commander

Hey Ernest,

I decided to do the cylinders myself. I believe the remote mix does this also, I wanted to put some additional oil there manually. I kinda jumped your F150 fogging thread, but stayed on topic.. It's great information for other's who may have the same questions...

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cool. Hey what did you think of the F150 running on the fogging mix. I guess I was expecting more smoke and hesitation with all that 2 stroke oil. Mine seemed to run pretty good, except for an occasional knock.

Have a good winter!

bear_69cuda

Commander

I thought the same... Not much smoke but it did run at less rmp, I could hear the change in tone when the mix was running..

Gonna be a long winter brutha...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

no need for any additional oil, wont hurt but no need.
thank DonS more than me, he posted the mix.

bear_69cuda

Commander

I figured the added oil was redundant..

DonS Thanks for the mix formula bro-

But again rodbolt you answered most of my rookie questions... Peace dude!