NFL winners and losers...

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer
If you took any NFL team and put the whole bunch of players on a scale and weighed them, they'd weigh about as much as every other NFL team.

You could then look at the means by which each team gets its players - through the same draft as used by all the other teams.

And where do the players come from? The same selection of colleges, the same combines - the same everything!

So why then do we see some that are perennial winners (i.e., Patriots) and others that are chronic losers?

MANAGEMENT! Coaching, player development, good game plans, the right locker-room atmosphere, and so forth.

Parcells or Belichick, etc. versus June Jones or Dave Wannstedt, etc.

I'd take a strike to see a salary cap in MLB so that the Al and NL East couldn't dominate with their checkbooks, and management skill could rule there too.

On and on I dream.

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: NFL winners and losers...

Not a sports fan but I heard a theory a few weeks from a guy who claims all the games are controled by the refs as who is to win. He said follow the money.

It was very complicated and interesting but I only half listened because I dont follow sports.
But he sounded like he knew what he was talking about and I did run the idea to my fishing partner who is an avid sports fan. Esp football.
He agreed that he too often wondered about that.
Now since I?m getting back on Iboats again I could look the show up and post a link so you can read what he has to say on the subject.

Link

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

NFL? Nantucket Frisbee League?? Phooie...

<<)))(((>>

Not a sports fan but I heard a theory a few weeks from a guy who claims all the games are controled by the refs as who is to win. He said follow the money.

It was very complicated and interesting but I only half listened because I dont follow sports.
But he sounded like he knew what he was talking about and I did run the idea to my fishing partner who is an avid sports fan. Esp football.
He agreed that he too often wondered about that.
Now since I?m getting back on Iboats again I could look the show up and post a link so you can read what he has to say on the subject.

Link

Maybe, I don't feel that way when watching football, but can see a ref favor a side or the other on basketball. Calling minor touches as fouls, and the other team is hacking like crazy.

For instance, This new tech foul thing in NBA for even looking at the ref after a call. They call 3 or 4 on someone then Lebron (in the same game) pleads his after a pure foul he gave, no tech. :mad:

I don't like to see it... even if my team is the fav, call em fair let the teams decide who wins.

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer

For sure on that, Eric.

The Lakers played the Bucks in town a few nights ago. Lakers went to the foul line early and often - Bucks hardly at all. At one point the Lakers had taken nineteen foul shots and the Bucks two.

The odor was obvious.