Carpal Tunnel

eastont

Chief Petty Officer
Has anyone on here experienced Carpal Tunnel release surgery that was out of the normal?

I had it done yesterday and the doctor said it normally takes less than 10 minutes. Then after about 15 minutes and needing more local anesthetic injected, he said this is not normal at all.......don't get too concerned, it will just take longer....about40 minutes longer. after he was done he said that sometimes, very rarely, it is more difficult and the recovery is a bit longer.

I hope the recovery is quick, being without the use of one hand is awful....Im right handed and it's my right hand.....lol :(

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Re: Carpal Tunnel

Couple of buddies had to have it done a few years back ( 20 ), they ran chain saw.
If I remember right it took a few days to get that feeling back into their wrist/hand

BTW, need directions to your avatar's location. :)

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

It's been a week and the feeling is returning, but the motor skills are worse than before. Can't pick the fork from the table, and even worse, when I poured myself a rum & coke I spilled more on the counter than went in the glass.:mad:

rbh, are you familiar with Brockville's Islands?

Last edited:

jkust

Rear Admiral

My mother in law had it done last year on both hands. Hers is so bad, there is permanent damage but it's much better than pre surgery. I do recall one of her wrists has some complications compared to the other.

j_martin

Admiral

Must be the Brockville Thousand Islands training camp for the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.

2807791167_4737f13106_z.jpg