My youngest is now driving......

itsaboattime

Senior Chief Petty Officer
My little girl just got her license about an hour ago.
She is my youngest. My sister made sure to call me this morning, giggling, that I was now "old".
I gotta say that I was dreading this day, and looking forward to it at the same time.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: My youngest is now driving......

My youngest proclaimed yesterday "Dad, I get my permit in June" Ahhhhhhhhhh, please, not this one, for flip's sake we still call him BooBoo . . . :eek:

a70eliminator

Captain

Had to postpone my daughter who is going on 17 now, we just can't afford the insurance right now, we had to sign exclusion forms for the insurance just because she lives under our roof, my other daughter is almost 15 now so i'll get the double whammy, drivers ed isn't offered in our schools and the required drivering school is another 450 turnips.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

My boy just turned 10, so I have a few years. With an attention span measured in milliseconds......it'll be interesting.

<<)))(((>>

QC

Supreme Mariner

I just helped a friend of our family's kid learn to drive. No Dad, Mom couldn't handle. Worst driver I've ever been with :eek: He's run a red light, almost hit a curb and I had to grab the wheel. Has been honked at numerous times, does not understand closing rates, if there is a slot for a lane change, he makes it, no idea how fast the next car is filling that hole . .. On and on and on . . . He got 100% on his driver's test :rolleyes: They are all thanking me, I think I have done the world a disservice . . . :(

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

My little girl just got her license about an hour ago.
She is my youngest. My sister made sure to call me this morning, giggling, that I was now "old".
I gotta say that I was dreading this day, and looking forward to it at the same time.
Your not old until you have kids calling you grandpa. :D

Seventeen years and five grandkids later, I'm still not used to it.

I have three daughters. Two have their license, still have one to go.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

All 5 of ours have had their licenses for 6 + years now. Only have one still at home. Good thing about it is that Mrs Ken and I have a designated driver service when we go to weddings or other functions.:D

Yes 16 is the by far worse age to start driving according to DOT accident statistics. And 16 to 20 is the age where the most people are using cell phones too...You have allot to worry about....

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

So My oldest(19) went off to college and I asked her what she needed, she said she wanted my power stroke I said ok (reluctantly) well the 16 yr old asks for a VW passat, blamo she gets a passat(used 96,000 miles I'm not rich here). The 14 yr old says she wants my Cummins I said ok and thats where this gets squirrely, the 16 yr old says I don't want the VW anymore I want the Cummins I tell her no way! Shes asks why not? I told her because I don't want to be an accomplice to vehicular homicide.....I had to explain it to her.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Good luck. May she drive better and hit fewer things than I did at 16. I wrecked both my parents cars in the span of two weeks. One was still in the shop when I cracked up the second one. Only one was my fault but let's just say it was REALLY my fault :eek: