Well You All can have It I'm Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Barnett

Petty Officer 1st Class
I really hate to make this post but I can't just let this go.
I added a comment to a post in another of the forums and it was deleted and I was told to read the guidelines. Had my post been degrading or insulting or angry I would have thought nothing of it.
My post wished a good thing for all people (I wont defame your site again by repeating it here) but I do want to express my disappointment.
I suppose a mod deleted the post because it was "offensive". Let me just say that I have read over posts on iboats that have contained curse words, sexual innuendo, sarcasm and a host of other offensive things. Some avatars are just rude. I have never complained about these because if I become offended I just go on, just as in real life.
My post was of a spiritual nature as you may have guessed. I was surprised to say the least. It's ok to ask for prayer just don't refer to whom you want the prayer directed to I suppose. I realize this post too will probably be deleted but My Lord Jesus means more to me than anything. So I will find other venues to browse and chat in. I would like to thank everyone who offered advice and helped me with problems and questions. I truly wish everyone the best, I just can't be apart of something that makes me have to be "politically correct" about my faith and Jesus. Dave Barnett Sr.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Well You All can have It I'm Done

I for one don't know the exact details that caused your displeasure with this forum. I hope the issue is resolved which doesn't include you having to compromise your values. I enjoy your posts and would like to see you stick around. I wish you the best............:)

scipper77

Commander

If you go, I'll miss your input in the fishing forums. There aren't enough fishing nuts like us on this board!!

puddle jumper

Captain

Dave I am assuming your topic was about religion. Topics about religion and politics have a tendency to bring out the worst in people when they chat about it.

It does not seem to matter how the subjects comes up but some one always seem to get there nose out of joint. Some people look to get into a conflict just for the fun of it and to get a rouse out of the other person. A lot people have been ban from here just for that.

Don't take the post being deleted as personal. Its a way of the moderators to keep the forums as conflict free as possible.

PS just about every one on here has been touched by the mods in one way or another and yes some people stretch the rules and get away with it.

Dont let one little deletion make you leave. Some things just are not allowed to be brought up.....like why ersters cost more now and things like that....lol

Skiwi

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My 2 cents:
IMHO it's not difficult.
If I wish to discuss a religion I will subscribe to a religious forum and post/read there, if I wish to discuss boating I will subscribe to a boating forum and post/read there.

I could probably raise a fairly defensible argument that posting religious topics here is akin to spam, but out of respect to others I won't.:)

To each his own, but as always, there is a time and a place :shrug:

PS: I may not believe in your religion, but will die defending your right to....

'96 Charger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry to see you go Dave. I also enjoyed reading your posts. As for the post deletion I've had a few deleted but just took it as my way of looking at something unacceptable to the people that have control over the forum. Last one deleted was about Yamalube stinking and smoking less than Quicksilver Premium Plus IN MY LIMITED EXPERIENCE. It's worth the extra $10 a gallon for the reduction in stink alone. Moderation happens everywhere. Gotta shrug it off and adapt...or log out for good like you are. Back in March I logged out of an invite-only car audio forum because I got tired of being shot down for not thinking like the overabundance of "thinkers" on that site.

Anyway, have a good one Dave and happy fishing.

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Don't go Dave! Your Lord has taught you to forgive and forget.

Seems to me the powers that be have been on a deletion rampage lately, no explanations.......including this thread now that I said that.....

<<)))(((>>

Status
Not open for further replies.