Toronto Maple Leafs

eastont

Chief Petty Officer
I can't believe how bad this hockey team can be. They were next to last at the end of last year, then made lots of changes, this year they jumped out and won their first four games, and now they're back to being crappy.....eleven games without a win......11 !!!

I've followed them since we moved to Toronto in 1962, and now I'm almost ready to cheer for another team...............

But who ??????????????????:confused:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

Yep. Been a Leaf fan since I came to Canada in 1989. Not much to cheer for right now or since the mid 90's. They seem to have a knack of managing to lose a game by 1 goal for the most part. Did you see the game last night. Controlled the game and took a 2-0 lead then immediately stopped being hungry for the 3rd goal !!!!!
Sad :(

Jeep Man

Commander

Welcome to the legacy of the Toronto Maple Laughs.:(

tallcanadian

Captain

Toronto Maple what? Do they still play hockey? :D:D

TorontoTeamPhoto-1.jpg

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral

Around 1975, my dad took me to a Leafs game and explained why they don't win, and probably never will.
As the Leafs were getting pummeled, he said "see any empty seats?"

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Around 1975, my dad took me to a Leafs game and explained why they don't win, and probably never will.
As the Leafs were getting pummeled, he said "see any empty seats?"

Yep, been to a few games. High priced tickets and not an empty (or unsold) seat in the house. Will not go back until they start showing some more promising results. Could be quite a wait !!! :eek:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well they actually won a game tonight. Good comeback. Let's see how long it lasts :confused:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Sorry Ken.......Thats all I can say Sorry. Hate to see a team not do well......except the redwings(sorry I had to):D

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Go Leafs Go!!!!

Now everything is okay again. One win.....that's all they needed to get back on track......at least that's what many of the players were saying.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

There are a lot of people say that. Guess you either love them or hate them eh ???

When the rivalry was at its peak My D line mate was a huge redwings fan and of course I am an AV's Fan so when the two teams played each other and we also had a game we just didn't talk to each other......AT ALL!! Played defense all game together and never a word!! We were called the married couple by the rest of the team but we were also the top defensive pair in the league so we just left it alone until after the season you know? Well now were in our 40's and we no longer play competitive hockey so things are much better we have actually watched Av's Wings games together.....we still disagree about the good ole days though!! I don't hate the wings I just can't root for them, fun way to start a conversation. And I never said Red Wings Suck either I find it disrespectful, I would also say that Todd Bertuzzi should have been banned for life he is a POS of the highest order in my opinion, at the very least he should be giving Steve Moore 75% of his pay. My biggest issue being that he took the career from another player through his own stupidity.

One thing is for sure though when your the best there are two kinds of fans those that love you and those that hate you, theres no in between, add to that they had the best Coach in hockey Scotty Bowman makes it easy to hate them.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I gotta say though I have no idea WTF is the deal with the Leafs though I mean everything they try to do comes up horribly. Almost seems like they have a curse or a hex against them, Heck I don't know I used to put them and the islanders in the same boat but the isles had a couple pretty good seasons recently!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I gotta say though I have no idea WTF is the deal with the Leafs though I mean everything they try to do comes up horribly. Almost seems like they have a curse or a hex against them, Heck I don't know I used to put them and the islanders in the same boat but the isles had a couple pretty good seasons recently!

Big rivalry here where I live with being so close to the Detroit border. There is a split in NHL team support here. We have many Detroit fans due to being so close to them, Leaf fans because we are in Canada and they are the nearest Canadian team, Montreal fans for our "French" contingent and as for the Ottawa Senators fans......the rest of us try to shoo them back to Ottawa :D

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

Harold Ballard......that's what's wrong with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I wish I could change loyalties, but I could never support the french guys, don't understand how Canadiens becomes Habs and who could support a team with Daniel Alfredson as their captain.

So I live and hope that The Leafs will repeat one more time before I'm dead and buried. At this point in time, with my wife and doctor's opinion, they've got 20 years left!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Harold Ballard......that's what's wrong with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

I wish I could change loyalties, but I could never support the french guys, don't understand how Canadiens becomes Habs and who could support a team with Daniel Alfredson as their captain.

So I live and hope that The Leafs will repeat one more time before I'm dead and buried. At this point in time, with my wife and doctor's opinion, they've got 20 years left!

Love it !!!!

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

I don't know how you guys do it with so many teams in such close proximity, I would imagine it inspires great debates! I don't think there is another NHL team within 700 miles of Denver! the biggest issue we have is that there are so many people that move to Colorado that bring there own allegiances.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

This thread seems to be having a positive effect on the Maple Leafs !!!!
They won again quite convincingly last night !!! :eek:

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

I'm so excited that I could barely eat my Cheerios this morning. It appears that the combo of Kessel, Bozak & Kadri is making things happen. :D

It's too bad that so many of their games are blacked out in my area, so I can't see them.....that is unless I pay for Leafs TV, on my already pay to see satellite.:mad:

And this Saturday they play Montreal....it's usually a good game.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I'm so excited that I could barely eat my Cheerios this morning. It appears that the combo of Kessel, Bozak & Kadri is making things happen. :D

It's too bad that so many of their games are blacked out in my area, so I can't see them.....that is unless I pay for Leafs TV, on my already pay to see satellite.:mad:

And this Saturday they play Montreal....it's usually a good game.

Unfortunately I won't be watching the Montreal game. I have to pick our son up from the airport (Toronto)
We get leafs TV each season and cancel it in the spring (just before the play offs start) :D Hope it's different this year !!!