Who could remember all their friends phone numbers without their cell phone or email?

Who could remember all their friends phone numbers without their cell phone or email?

• Total voters

ezbtr

Commander
Seriously, who even has a good old Rolodex or phone book?
If my cell or PC was dead, it would be tough!

Tyme2fish

Commander
Re: Who could remember all their friends phone numbers without their cell phone or em

I know my next door neighbor's number and my main fishing partner's number. Other then that, I have to look them up.

Oh, I do know my own home phone number!!:D

mscher

Lieutenant
Re: Who could remember all their friends phone numbers without their cell phone or em

LOL. Why no 0 percent?

I'm pre alzheimers, so I'll be lucky to remember my own, which I sometimes have to stop and think. DW phone no is one digit below mine as are the kids one below hers.
There is just too much obscure info to remember anymore, without help.

If I did not have my iphone, I'd probably have400 pieces of paper laying around with "stuff" written on them.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

LOL. Why no 0 percent?

I'm pre alzheimers, so I'll be lucky to remember my own, which I sometimes have to stop and think. DW phone no is one digit below mine as are the kids one below hers.
There is just too much obscure info to remember anymore, without help.

If I did not have my iphone, I'd probably have400 pieces of paper laying around with "stuff" written on them.

I don't think I am pre alz but i AGREE with you you I didn't vote because I have no idea what anyones number is, I lose my phone and I am hosed!!

DaNinja

Lieutenant

The wife's cell is pretty well established in my hard drive from my time overseas.
The folks is still set since it hasn't changed in sixty-five years. Twenty of those years, it was my number.

I did have to think about the TX home phone number the other day, since it's usually just a button on my phone.:redface:

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I know by heart the ones that matter most.;)

All of the phone numbers we call/need are on the side of the fridge and on file in the desk. Also, the home phone is hooked up (the ringers are turned off though, so don't call it:p) but only for the reason that if a cell phone dies or is not handy and there is an emergency, there is still a phone near by with numbers.

huntndakota

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I would remember them all because I only call 7 of them. But then again I remember my drivers lic., my debit card #, and my credit card #(which I use once every blue moon). I just hve a thing for numbers I guess.

TilliamWe

Banned

OMG, I actually have all my family/friends phone numbers written down on a piece of paper in my wallet! Imagine that?! (I also don't have a cell phone.)

JRJ

Commander

OMG, I actually have all my family/friends phone numbers written down on a piece of paper in my wallet! Imagine that?! (I also don't have a cell phone.)

Same here. No hard wire phone, wife a has cell, I don't need or want a phone leash :D

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Still use the little black book.

I keep about 15-20 numbers in my head.

D

DJ

Backup, Backup, Backup.

I've had too many phones completely fail to not have a paper backup.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Baxkup, Backup, Backup.

I've had too many phones completely fail to not have a paper backup.

With almost every phone or carrier, you can backup the phone electronically. No need for a paper backup.

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I answered 25%, which is a load of BS since I have over 600 numbers on my cell phone. Include 0% and that's where I'd be.

Mom's home (because it was mine for 15 years)
Girlfriends cell (because we live together and we need it for some verifications)

Out of about 680 numbers programmed, I know 2 by memory. Oh yeah, and my own.

I rely on Google address book since I have the Droid phone. Take my phone and Internet and I'd be outta luck!

Just reviewed what it would take to print from Google... 85 pages :eek:. Maybe I can sort into ones I care about. Which sister? :D

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I have been going with my GF for 2 years and don't even know any of her numbers by heart!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

With almost every phone or carrier, you can backup the phone electronically. No need for a paper backup.

Exactly, with multiple off site backups there's virtually no need for paper.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

There is no way I could survive without my Motorola Droid. :)

GLENN M

Petty Officer 1st Class

my car broke down i had left cell at home went to a store couldnt remember anyones number,i only new what number they were on speed dial,found out only works on your own phone.that was embarrassing,just press number 6 for me

skargo

Banned

All you need is Gmail, and a good phone. You can lose your phone and your PC and still be golden.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Um, . . . er. What was the question??