blue springs fl,,,any docking??????

duke1012

Seaman Apprentice
so after all you guys help I finally took my first trip in the boat ( first timer) and went up to blue springs and turned around and came home that was all i wanted to do ,,well yesterday we went again this time with the intention to dock and walk up the boardwalk and spend some time exploring but I quickly learned that there is no dock or area to pull up at I thinkso can anyone tell me if there is and where it is also looking to go camping at hontoon island and was wondering if any one knew where the slips are on the island I do not have a gps but I got a great map from kingfisher maps ,,please help maybe even some pics ,,,,,,,,,,,, by the way I am coming from sanford fl,,,,

robert graham

Admiral
Re: blue springs fl,,,any docking??????

Blue Springs has a nice white sand beach to pull up on, tie up to a cypress tree, walk on up to the spring. Hontoon Island State Park has a dock with plenty of slips for boats, snack bar, rest rooms, gift shop. There's a nice fuel dock just on the other side of the river at Hontoons Resort. Just keep an eye on those Manatee Idle Zones, the wildlife guys are sometimes lurking around. Good Luck!

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

There is a dock in front of Blue Springs, but it's for the tour boat. Just to the south of that you'll see a sandy beach area. You can nose up on that. Also to the north, there is another area like that which is also accessible by auto. There's usually a few people fishing from the beach area, so I would be careful prior to grounding it there as there might be kids in the water as well.

Where is Sanford do you launch? I keep our boat at Monroe Harbour Marina.

duke1012

Seaman Apprentice

There is a dock in front of Blue Springs, but it's for the tour boat. Just to the south of that you'll see a sandy beach area. You can nose up on that. Also to the north, there is another area like that which is also accessible by auto. There's usually a few people fishing from the beach area, so I would be careful prior to grounding it there as there might be kids in the water as well.

we usually put in by I4 and 17/92

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fireman431

My new to me boat has stickers on the trailer from there. Thats all fresh water right?

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

I don't launch. Mine stays in the water at Monroe Harbour (C dock).

You can launch from the marina, on the east & west side of 17-92 at I-4, or at Highbanks marina (Swamphouse Grill) in DeBary.

Yes, it's a brackish fresh water river.