Help with fuel pump

djmcelwain1

Cadet
I don't have much info on this motor, so if anyone knows anything please help!!! My friend gave me a motor off of his Sears Gamefisher boat. I believe it is the motor that Sears sold with the boat, I don't know for sure. All the info that I can find on the motor itself is: Chasis# 217/58632-0, Serial# 7K045533---Sears Robuck and Co. There is also a tag on the motor that says: 381L Tecumseh 7014. That is all the info I have. So now the question. The motor needs a new fuel pump. One piece is worn out, and no one seems to be able to locate it. Anyway, does anyone know where to find a fuel pump. What is the horse power on this motor. And if I can't find a fuel pump, can I go to a different type of pump. Thanks for ANY and ALL help. Dan

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Help with fuel pump

welcome aboard,<br />this should be posted in the Outboard section <br />above for best response. this is an air cooled<br />motor and uses the same tecumsah powerhead as<br />a lawnmower etc. try local mower/small engine<br />repair shop for powerhead parts.<br />good luck,<br />M.Y.

djmcelwain1

Cadet

Man are you fast!! Thanks Admiral!! As you can tell I'm very new to this, so please bear with me. I'll try the mower type shops, but I think my buddy already has. He lives clear accross the state so it might be worth it. Thanks for the help. Dan

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> back when I played with air cooleds I foumd that the old diamond shaped pump from an early 70's jonnyrude will adapt to anything if you can get a crank case pulse to it. my nieghbors boy has some kind of old clinton that I adapted one to some years ago due to that problem. the pump sits out on the tiller handle now. but it works. pumps dont care as long as they get a crankcase pulse. and the old jonnyrude pumps had 3 fittings. one for pulse one for fuel in and one for fuel out<br /><br /> good luck and keep posting.

djmcelwain1

Cadet

Thanks Rodbolt, I'll keep that in mind!! I'm still hoping to come up with the right part/parts. If not Iguess I will start looking for 70's "jonnyruds". Thanks again, Dan

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Gonna move this to Other Outboard Troubles.