I cut a hole in my hull :( 1990 sea ray

jimmer713

Recruit
Hello, I just came upon this boat ( 1990 VS 18' sea ray) that has been soaking in salt water for around 6 months. Thats what she told me anyway. The floor is completely rotten. Bilge pump went. Any way I am cutting out the floor and I decided to cut up just a Little higher and i think i cut through the hull. I am unable to tell because it is right on top of the trailer boat support ( not sure what it is called). If i did cut through it ( about 10 " long 1/8" wide (saw blade)).... Im assuming that its repairable....right. Is this a big problem or minor? Is there anything I need to make sure i do?

nlain

Commander
Re: I cut a hole in my hull :( 1990 sea ray

This is a little late I know, but it is repairable, boat will have to come off trailer so you can get to the bottom to grind down and rebuild as well as do the same to the top side. You need to post in the Restoration section, many people there that can and will help you with your restoration questions.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

This is a pretty simple/easy fix. Post some pics when you can and we'll walk you through the process. Also do a searc on the forum with Cut a hold in my hull, or Sliced a hole in the hull and you will find LOTS of examples.

I'm just sayin...:D

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Hello, I just came upon this boat ( 1990 VS 18' sea ray) that has been soaking in salt water for around 6 months. Thats what she told me anyway. The floor is completely rotten. Bilge pump went. Any way I am cutting out the floor and I decided to cut up just a Little higher and i think i cut through the hull. I am unable to tell because it is right on top of the trailer boat support ( not sure what it is called). If i did cut through it ( about 10 " long 1/8" wide (saw blade)).... Im assuming that its repairable....right. Is this a big problem or minor? Is there anything I need to make sure i do?

No problem at all ( we All have done it.. :) ).

Well..kinda no problem.. can you grind at your cut under the slim deck for proper prep of the glassing you should do ? If not..then your In a boat of Prep the best you can..dribble some epoxy in the cut line..then a few layers of epoxy 1708 on the inside at the same time.

Then Lift your boat off the trailer to see if you cut through ( there called Bunks on your trailer ).

take some pics and post then :) depending on how long..and location would dictate the next step.

YD.

twkjr 1250

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i just got done reading your thread earlier and went to cut my deck out did the same thing about a inch worth. just glad its a easy fix . yd will guide you through it.

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer

First thing you have to do is to say "OOPS!!!"

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

OR....just get a really, really good bilge pump...:D

redfury

Commander

certainly not the end of the world....at least I hope not, because I put all sorts of holes in my hull when I was in grinding and cutting! :eek: I'm confident in the repairs I did to my old hull.