End Of Daylight Savings Time

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
Sun set at 4:52 here today. :(

At least daylight savings time ends later and starts earlier. :)

Brent S

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: End Of Daylight Savings Time

I guess it is never perfect for everyone. I am glad it ended because I usually start work @ 7 but this last week we waited until 8 because it was too dark to work any earlier.

trendsetter240

Lieutenant

I love sleeping in for the extra hour but hate the sun being down at 5pm.

Just one day closer to spring:)

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Screwed me up over here in China. Called Mrs Ken and we were another hour apart.:D

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Completely dark by 5pm here now...

Cant wait to switch back.

DaNinja

Lieutenant

It was getting dark near the end of the NASCAR race.
At least I'll be able to get more done in the morning.

Triton II

Commander

Here in Queensland, Australia we don't have daylight saving. Something to do with the curtains fading more or the cows' milk yields going down. :eek: I miss daylight saving! :(

TII

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Here in Queensland, Australia we don't have daylight saving. Something to do with the curtains fading more or the cows' milk yields going down. :eek: I miss daylight saving! :(

TII

Yep, that extra hour of sunlight definitely faded my curtains.
Cheers
Phillip

aspeck

Staff member

Been up at 4:30 and 5:30 since the switch ... gotta get my internal clock working on the time difference a bit better.

For me the morning's no problem get up 5:30-5:45 every day, dark or light doesn't matter.

The night is killing me, wanna turn in now and it only 8:30 :eek:

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer

This is a quote from an email I received today;

Wise old Indian reflects on Daylight Savings Time -
"Only white man would believe you could cut off top of blanket, sew it to bottom of blanket, and have longer blanket."

;)

Biged007

Petty Officer 2nd Class

"Only white man would believe you could cut off top of blanket, sew it to bottom of blanket, and have longer blanket."

;)

Beautiful! I got nothing;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It was kinda pathetic getting home at 5:00 last night and scrambling to get something done before it got dark. I had taken my car to the car wash on Saturday and then something inspired me to wax it on Sunday (all 3 steps of Mequires + an extra carnuba coat) so then the car looked so good the not-yet-detailed wheels looked bad. So I needed to thorughly clean those in the driveway. While I'm doing that my neighbor is flying around on his lawn tractor at about 80 trying to get his lawn done.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

;)

Had a couple of beers with that guy one night in Williams lake. :D

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

;)

thanks for posting mike; i got that too, and saw this thread.

was reading down and you got to it first.

was thinking, i wish we could leave it one way or the other. i could go to az. then it dawned on me. there must be a bunch of like mined old farts in az.

does anyone know why az. doesn't switch?

rbh

Fleet Admiral

I can think of two reasons-
first is you are to close to the equater as compared to the people to the north were the light differs so much between summer and winter.
second is that your area's light does not change much due to its location between the time zones.
For example SASK does not change as it is the prairies, you can see the sun rise and set 2 time zone away.

Triton II

Commander

Off topic but I need to vent!

Here in Australia we also have daylight saving in the southern states. New South Wales (NSW) and, to a lesser extent, Victoria are the economic centres of our nation and South Eastern Queensland (aka SEQ, i.e here) is rapidly growing in population and business alignment with NSW. However, because Queensland does not have daylight saving and NSW/Vic do, we lose an hour of business opportunity in the morning. :(

Many people have suggested SEQ split from the rest of Queensland and go for daylight saving but it's always voted down by the farming community. Bearing in mind most of the farms are situated well to the west of the coast (in some cases more than a 1000km west), they effectively get daylight saving anyway, so they don't give a rats. :(

So, here, in the summer in the coastal sub tropics it gets light at 4.30 in the morning and dark at 6.00 in the evening. Wouldn't it be nice to wind the clocks forward an hour and have an extra hour of darkness to help us sleep, and an extra hour of daylight recreational time after work to help us wind down after a stressful day at work? I think so... but remember - Queensland, one hour and ten years behind! :p

TII

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

;)

That's funny. :D