steering wheel

Docktor

Cadet
Helllo, looking for a similar replacement steering wheel for a 1967 mfg 14ft. fiberglass boat. I would love to refurbish original but it seems the plastic is crumbling on the outer layers. Thanks.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Re: steering wheel

Ebay or CL..

Im sure they have them...though I dont know what it is..Im still sure ..kinda sure..not really..but Im sure..Kinda ;) .

YD.

PS. got pics ?

Docktor

Cadet

No pics. Not sure on how to post pics. Will do when I've learned how. It's a white three spoke plastic wheel with a triangle plastic hub.

Bondo

Staff member

No pics. Not sure on how to post pics. Will do when I've learned how.

Ayuh,... There are "How to" stickies posted at the top of the "Tech, Non-boating" forum...

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I say again...

Its a rough crowd here...

So much for helping on links..

Bondo....

YD.

PS. I guess its gonna be a bit hard being a newb here...
PSS. Calling on Wood .. do your thing here m8..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Check out my signature thread for an easy way to post pics from your pc. Steering wheels are Hard to Find. Trust ME! Ebay has some but finding one Model Specific is a chore. I Bought one off of an Arkansas Traveler and modified it to work on my 1962 Lonestar. Check out my thread to see. It was not that hard to do so if you find a wheel that you like and you know a machinist at a machine shop willing to work with you and a welder then you can make adaptations to make most of them work. Is it Teleflex type or cable/pulley system?

I'm just sayin...:D

Docktor

Cadet

Thanks guys, did an initial cleanup on steering wheel an realized I have a mfg logo of three sharks on hub piece. I'll keep my eyes open on trying to find replacement but highly doubt it. I'll just work with what I've got. I appreciate all your input.