The SMELLS in here!!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I have two crockpots going... one with a wild boar roast and the other with chicken soup.

AND I just cooked up some spaghetti for lunch! The noodles are draining and I'll be eating in a minute.

But my stomach is GROWLING like crazy!! :eek: :D

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander
Re: The SMELLS in here!!

Fix me up a plate and send it UPS Next Day Air to my house plz:D

QC

Supreme Mariner

Take the chicken broth, thicken with rue or cornstarch. Add shredded boar meat. Serve over noodles. Can I help you with anything else?

Dave Barnett

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds Good. With all that food you must be expecting a lot of iboats friends. :D

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Take the chicken broth, thicken with rue or cornstarch. Add shredded boar meat. Serve over noodles. Can I help you with anything else?
Now that sounds like a plan!

Just finished lunch. That spaghetti was awesome. I used to make the sauce from scratch, but after my GF brought over some of Paul Newmans own brand, I just switched to that. Great stuff! I portioned up 2 more servings and put 'em in the freezer.

I was supposed to have cooked the roast yesterday, but got busy in the morning and forgot to put it in the crockpot. Hence, two crockpots working today.

The roast is seasoned with rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and a touch of salt. I'm thinking that after it gets fall-off-the-bone tender that I may separate part of it for pulled pork. Should be good stuff!

My crockpots have been gettin' a workout this week. I cooked up a pot of navy beans with onion and ham on Monday. Cornbread too, natch! :D

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Hope Bubba got rid of that "nasty" boat before he reads this thread.:eek::D

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Made pulled pork sandwiches from part of the roast for lunch today. AWESOME stuff!

p1.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Telling ya..
Get a pressure cooker buddy..the food cooks 5xs as fast, taste every bit if not better than slow croc pots and ya dont have to suffer smelling but not eating!

Oh..I make my own BBQ sauce..hint..Apple Cider vinegar..
If ya make cole slaw...use the Apple cider vinegar, a 1/4 cup of milk and a cup of mayo, add black pepper and the best dang cole slaw sauce ever!

ezbtr

Commander

Sounds great!! I made baked turkey thighs, with celery and carrots in a roasting pan last night, with baked potato and baked beans, YUM!! Was my first time, took almost 2 hours to cook!

Attachments

• tkey.jpg
    tkey.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0