What would inspire this????? UPDATE

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Police: Man in gorilla suit stabs West Pawlet man

West Pawlet, Vermont - November 1, 2010

State police say a southern Vermont man thought he was opening the door to give a Halloween treat but he was tricked and stabbed instead.

Police say the West Pawlet resident opened the door around 8:20 on Sunday night to find a 6-foot-tall person in a full-body black gorilla suit. The suspect reportedly stabbed the victim with a small needle-like device over 20 times and then fled on foot toward the New York state line. The victim was taken to Glens Falls Hospital with minor pain. The extent of his injuries is unknown.

The incident is under investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call Vermont State Police in Rutland.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wow!!! This was a twist in my morning local news :eek:

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Re: What would inspire this?????

Pretty unlikely that it was random, my guess is that someone (unstable) has a beef with the guy. Let us know when some details shake out on this.

Taking things a step further, the tone of way the news in general is reported these days, with shock and "entertainment" value, leads people to believe that they are in dire, immediate danger of a random attack. Simply not true. Most times there is a back story that never gets reported, or is followed up so far in the future or in such an obscure way that the original story has been forgotten. People are not in as much immediate danger as they believe.

Not saying that this report has that problem, seems to be straight forward facts, but just made me think of why I rarely watch TV news or all those crime drama shows.

Thanks for the bizarre story though.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Pretty lame "trick"

Bob_VT

Staff member

It was on Channel 3 WCAX this morning....... just one of those odd tidbits. Yup, I doubt it was random.

This years Halloween Parade in Rutland had Police sniper's on the roof tops. A gang from Albany/Troy ....the Bloods.... were coming up here to kill the Police..... stems from a drug dealer getting shot and killed by a Trooper when he drew a gun on the trooper in Rutland.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Sounds cliche to say how crazy the world's become, but it ain't really. Cliche I mean.

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class

should have given him a banana instead of a piece of candy. If there was an underlying story the gorilla waited until he could pull it off when no one would suspect anything funny with a gorilla on the loose. Kinda makes it premeditated.

Bob_VT

Staff member

UPDATE LOL !!!!! :D

Police say gorilla-suit assault story fabricated
updated 8:42 a.m.

The Associated Press - Published: November 14, 2010

WEST PAWLET ? State police say a 22-year-old man has admitted to fabricating a report that he was stabbed Halloween night by a person in a full-body gorilla suit.

Police say Donald Gould of West Pawlet initially told investigators that a person in a gorilla suit stabbed him with a small needle-like device when he answered his door Halloween night and then took off running. Gould was taken to a hospital in Glens Falls, N.Y. for treatment.

Police now say that in a follow-up interview with an investigating trooper, Gould admitted that he created the puncture wound himself. Police did not say if Gould faces any charges.

LOL

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: What would inspire this????? UPDATE

There's always one is there not !!!!

scipper77

Commander

thank goodness!! I was afraid that there was a gorilla loose in New York.

I bet 50 years ago this stuff happened all the time. It's just that the media is so darn efficient that when this stuff happens the whole world knows today.

Summer Fun

Banned

This world is getting more & more nut cases coming out of the woodwork. :eek: