First Halloween w/o a pumpkin or passing out candy!!

ezbtr

Commander
My almost 12 yr old son, is now hanging w/ buddies in their neighborhood, guess he's growin up! :)
But hey, I get to drink good beer and watch the Giants!
And hes gettin dropped off here - we had his buddy overnight last night, and had Halloween bbq and costume contest in our complex :)

Mike Robinson

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: First Halloween w/o a pumpkin or passing out candy!!

Hurricane force winds and torrential rain here. Only one kid visited tonight!

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We had 3 scary people,my girls are 24 and 21 and they love dressing up for the little ones I do an old lady (Grandma) skit but came down with flu like symptoms a week ago so I was sidelined

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Gotta be honest, I miss the days of taking my two kids, now 25 and 22, around the neighborhood on Halloween. Lots of good and happy memories. Our neighborhood has grown up. We never had more than 20-some kids come, but the last few years has been few to none, with only 2 this year. Last night my older son and I watched a classic (1958) horror movie before he went to a friend's house to do more of the same. He's a horror movie junkie.

That's life I guess. The upside is that it sure is nice to have elbow room. ;)

eavega

Lieutenant

I took my two little ones ( 4 and 5) out last night in our neighborhood where there are at least 30 kids their age, and that is just up and down our street and adjacent cul-de-sacs. The parade of costumes and kids excitedly showing off their loot was too much fun, and I will sincerely miss it when all these kids get older. They all seem to be in the newborn to 6-year-old range, so if the families in this neighborhood stay for the long haul, we should have years of Halloween fun ahead of us.

I will be sad when that time passes, but in the meantime I will enjoy these very fun occasions!

-E

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Had to work all weekend (night-shift) so I missed it all anyway. XO took our 9 y/o and her brother's two around 'trunk-or-treating', whatever that is.......

<<)))(((>>

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class

the only ones I had were the two from next door. It was towards the end of the evening and I was their last stop. between the two thwy got the whole bowl of candy. minus what I ate, which was two or three pieces,

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

We didn't have 1 kid..more candy for me!

Moody Blue

Captain

Cold and windy here and only had 9 kids at the door. My two sons are past that age and I miss not getting out with them and making the rounds.

I do the shelling out at home and really enjoy seeing all the costumes and the excitement in the little kids. Did not have a pumpkin this year for the first time in over twenty years :(.

We make it a point to buy treats that WE like so that any leftovers are eagerly consumed :D