Upset the wife today

npd4432

Chief Petty Officer
Well, I am looking for an opinion here, I noticed my wife being cold toward me this morning and I finally got out of her what was bothering her. Last night we were having a conversation about others personal appearances, the conversation led toward our own, and in a joking playful banter between each other she commented on my balding and myself being somewhat overweight (6'2 240lbs) and I sometime in the conversation mentioned her teeth which are slightly off color, not fully white, but not black or brown by any means. I had no idea what had gotten her so mad, so after about 30 minutes of asking, she told me my comments were rude. I apologised and told her I was only jokingly poking fun, as she was doing, all is OK now, but am I in the wrong?? I dont think so.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Upset the wife today

and I sometime in the conversation mentioned her teeth which are slightly off color, not fully white, but not black or brown by any means. I had no idea what had gotten her so mad, so after about 30 minutes of asking, she told me my comments were rude. I apologised and told her I was only jokingly poking fun, as she was doing, all is OK now, but am I in the wrong?? I dont think so.

You silly, silly man. :eek: How long have you been married? You don't ever want to get into appearance conversations with the wife, unless you have nothing but positive things to say. Whether you mean it or not.....

There's no such thing as "jokingly poking fun" when it comes to womens appearances. Doesn't matter if you were in the wrong or not. All that matters is what the wife thinks.......The old saying, "if momma aint happy, aint nobody happy"....;)

MRS

Commander

:eek::eek:.. You will not win....

DayCruiser

Ensign

Lets just say, we don't care as much about our appearance as much as women do. Ya pay back is a biotch. But do you really want a Biotch? LOL. You can't win in the insult game. You can only wind up divorced

Summer Fun

Banned

Buy her this and her teeth will look so bight you'll have to wear sunglasses. :)

3D-White-Whitestrips-Advanced-Vivid.png

I use them and the dentist said its ok. :)

PS, I'm a smoker so thats why I use them.

npd4432

Chief Petty Officer

You silly, silly man. :eek: How long have you been married? You don't ever want to get into appearance conversations with the wife, unless you have nothing but positive things to say. Whether you mean it or not.....

There's no such thing as "jokingly poking fun" when it comes to womens appearances. Doesn't matter if you were in the wrong or not. All that matters is what the wife thinks.......The old saying, "if momma aint happy, aint nobody happy"....;)

Married 10 years, I get what everybody is saying, but nothing really bothers me, so that is usually how I expect others to act, my bad.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Buy her this and her teeth will look so bight you'll have to wear sunglasses. :)

I see by your avatar it works!:D

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Bad advice... you don't buy a fat girl an exercise bike... and you don't buy women with yellow teeth toothpaste...lol. It sounds crazy, but I have a friend that bought his wife a treadmill after she gave birth to their first born child.... that did not end well.

I've been married 4 years and I've got a good woman, but one wrong word can ruin a whole day... week... month... or year. :D

a70eliminator

Captain

Oh man you screwed up bad!
Just about the time you think the coast is clear she'll remind with.. "Noooo my teeth are too yellow" that's something She'll remeber forever.

mercury713

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Women like to pout and try and turn us into mind readers, maybe its part of Evolution.
Give them what they like most and your leach will be longer.

npd4432

Chief Petty Officer

Oh man you screwed up bad!
Just about the time you think the coast is clear she'll remind with.. "Noooo my teeth are too yellow" that's something She'll remeber forever.

When the coast is clear, she will come and read this thread.......,and re-hash the problem.... and you are right, I cant remember what I did yesterday, she knows what happened 8 years ago.

My wife is a little over weight and once many years ago I jokingly call her "big un".....a mistake I have never repeated..

aspeck

Staff member

FIM (Foot In Mouth) disease is what most of us men have to deal with on a daily basis. There is something about us guys (well, maybe with the exception of Daycruiser, who LF said was intelligent) that just doesn't get it sometimes. Others (women) cannot take jokes about appearance like we can. My wife yells at me all the time when I call MYSELF a fat slob. Doesn't matter if I am joking, it is about appearance. To us, who cares what our outside looks like.

Now go buy her a nice shiney piece of jewelry to take the focus off her slightly less than snow white teeth. Both of you will be glad you did!

:D (Just to show the pretty white smile!)

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I made the same mistake! we were joking around and she said i was suffering from noassatall disease and my dunlop disease was also getting worse!

I told her not to worry,she had a big enough butt for both of us and in a few more years gravity will take its toll and her breasts will look like my belly,just above the waist!

It took years to live that one down!

Women can make fun of us but DO NOT ever mention how they look unless the words beautiful and pretty are involved!

scipper77

Commander

My wife knows I love her no matter what she looks like.

Lets just say that she does not look that much like she did when we met anymore.

My wife doesn't care that it means nothing to me, how she feels about herself is what's important. If I said I don't care that you gained weight it would really be no different than saying you have gained weight.

Let me say that my wife is an amazing woman. Even if she became disfigured I would see her the same. She just operates at a higher level than me and I love that about her.

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

All men screw up (Lord knows I have), but I believe it's never a good idea to point out any fault in your women's physical appearance. Regardless of age, or how long you've been married. It's best to give compliments & praise, especially in front of others.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yep I cant remember if I ate breakfast much less what it was but the wife remembers what shirt I was wearing the day we met.
I did make the mistake about 25 years ago with my ex wife.
she was 9 months pregnant, the hormones was a flippen, she asked Do I look fat?
I made the mistake of replying, no honey you look beautiful.
wow, last time I ever answered that question.
trust me guys there is NO correct anwser to that question other than I smell a gas leak in the garage and leave.
doesnt matter even if you dont have a garage.
NPD4432, FTD delivers.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Always keep remarks positive and no criticism and you should be just fine. Worked for me so far with Mrs Ken.

bassman284

Commander

Married 10 years, I get what everybody is saying, but nothing really bothers me, so that is usually how I expect others to act, my bad.

Sure hope those 10 years were good because number 11 is not going to be all that pleasant. Or 12, 13, 14...