Four Winns H200, Sea Ray 200 Select, Crownline 21cls & 216ls

Shawk

Seaman Apprentice
Well... I'm on the search guys. My H220 will be gone later today. I'd like to find something before winter sets in so we can run/test it. My kids have Friday off... so we may make a run to look at a couple. It's incredible to see a boat in the poor condition some of these boats are in that are just a few years old. :cry: I guess some people really do just "enjoy" them for the toy they are. Regardless of age... I want my stuff clean!
Anyway... I've looked at a few others outside of the Horizon realm... while I'd really like another Horizon I plan to stay open to most other brands.

Boat uses... family outings (married w/3 kids 7, 11, 14), water skiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding and tubing....
I've owned a bunch of boats and did a search... but I'm curious as well from those who own/owned, shopped or are familiar with these boats or similar... I believe some have said the smaller Horizons don't hold wakeboarding speeds as well due to the design (stepped rear)... how would there fair wakeboarding ect?

Here's what I've found... good, bad or in between... tell me what you think. ;)

04' Four Winns H200 5.0 MPI w/swim platform (nice add for me)... less than 200 hours... single axle trailer, appears excellent in pics only and a one owner. Priced $18k... will take $16,500

06' Crownline 21 Classic (basically the new 202br) 5.0 carb, single axle trailer, cracks AND some serious tears in rear seats, a few deep scratches, this boat has simply seen some use... but fix the stuff and it'd be really sharp/nice ... not a horrible price... asking $21k will take $17k-ish
the carb on a 3800lb boat, along with only a single axle, & condition has taken this one out of the equation for me but I thought I'd list it.

04' SeaRay 200 Select... 2 owner split the years evenly... I like these boats and have looked at a couple... 5.0 MPI, Duoprop, 300 hours, only seats 8 (the above two are 9 & 10), tandem trailer, and overall appears nice in pics... asking $22k... what is a fair price for these? I'm thinking $17500 ish for an almost 7 year old boat... the two of these I've seen have been sitting for a LONG time at the asking price of low $20k's...

04' Crownie 216LS w/5.0 MPI single prop, tandem trailer and my FAV color BLACK! Seller is around $23K which seems to high by a few thousand to me... but this could have been my fav boat. Single prop would be a little bit of a concern but it isn't as deep as my H220 though either.

I'm NOT in a rush but I'll jump yet this fall if I can find something a nice boat at a decent price... Our H220 was the ideal boat but we just flat out don't have enough water in my area so I decided to sell it for a little smaller boat and pocket a little cash. Looking for a boat ideally in that $12-$18k range

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Four Winns H200, Sea Ray 200 Select, Crownline 21cls & 216ls

You are looking at boats that are only a foot or two smaller than the one you just sold. That is not going to make much difference on how a newer boat handles the smaller water you are citing. Is their another compelling reason you sold your old boat. If you just sold it to get something 1 or 2 feet smaller I think you are going to be disappointed. Also, with three teenagers (or soon to be) I think you are going to want the space of a 22' boat to begin with. Beam or width of the boat is also a big variable. I would want to go wide if I was losing 2 feet. The boats you reference are all good brands but I would be careful buying a boat that old without a very thorough inspection. If the boat has not been cared for, at 7 years it is approaching the end of its no maintenance life and will soon require lots of very expensive deffered maint.

Shawk

Seaman Apprentice

Agreed... not a ton of difference but enough for what I needed to do. The other part of the equation was the lack of a tow vehicle. The H220 was just a tad heavier than our tow vehicle should handle. So by dropping a model or two smaller will help a bit. We didn't take our H220 further than the 5 mile run to our small local lake so it wasn't a huge deal... but I'd like to lighted the load a tad too. ;) At some point a larger SUV will show up for my wife in my garage (whether she wants it or not :D ) which will allow us to get back in a larger boat as well down the road. ;)

4Winns2

Petty Officer 1st Class

One look at my screen name and you'll know the boat I'm voting for.