Should iBoats have a new section for high performance?

Should iBoats have a new section for high performance?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redjmp

Chief Petty Officer
After reading with dismay on other boating forums about how speed enthusiasts sneer at the "must be by the book" advice found on iBoats, I believe that there should be a new section devoted to improving performance from your inboard/outboard.

The merc/volvo section is fine if you just want the stock deal, but as in the automotive world, there are a lot of people who want more performance/economy from their boats.

In a lot of cases, the only thing that is merc/volvo is the leg anyways.
Almost all their engines all came from Detroit and all have countless options to improve performance

Therefore I think a new section is needed for the speed freaks to lounge in and avoid all the negativity from the diehard mercruiser fanboys who refuse to stray from the book.

Do you agree?

YES or NO

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: Should iBoats have a new section for high performance?

:D....This ought to be intresting. When you mod a engine you basically take it out of marine spec..Big no no..Google marine compliance im sure you will see more info than you wanted to know.

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

to what end? They don't sell high performance parts and certainly dont want to deal with the issues TG mentioned above, nor customers calling with performance oriented questions when their operators aren't going to be even remotly trained to answer...

I would say there are lots of reasons not to, and many reasons to. there are also a number of performance oriented forums out there. The issue becomes when you get much beyond stock, it costs a lot to play... and tehre just aren't that many people that are interested in a meaningful way to justify a lot of business interest - unless you are selling fairly high dollar parts to the folks that can truly afford to buy them...

just my 2 cents...

DaNinja

Lieutenant

:D....This ought to be intresting. When you mod a engine you basically take it out of marine spec..Big no no..Google marine compliance im sure you will see more info than you wanted to know.
Yeah, go ahead and fly that statement at Offshore Only or Midwest Boat Party.

I'll get to popcorn ready.
popcornsmilie.gif

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It has been discussed before, and it's not going to happen here at iboats.

End of discussion, and thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.