Got a boat for a project, looking for some history.

Rosecon

Cadet
Hello gentleman, I'm new to the posting (I have sunk many hours into reading threads... Very addictive. But the price is right!) I've been inspired to gut my boat and start from scratch (my wife says thanks.) I'd like to start by finding some history on what I got. The title says its a 1974 Browning 18'1" open hull. The coast guard sticker says manufacturer: Browning Marine. model: Starflight. There is a badge on the side that says Browning aero craft. I have not found anything on a Browning Starflight, and very little on Browning. I figured there is a lot more experience and history in here than what I can find on the web. Thanks in advance for any help. I'll be starting the restoration in a week or two. Thanks again, I love the site.

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: Got a boat for a project, looking for some history.

Welcome aboard:)

Browning-AeroCraft was a Michigan company, they had acquired AeroCraft in the 70s I believe. The Fiberglassics.com site has some AeroCraft brochures that might help, maybe Browning too.

Let's see some photos, sounds like a fishing boat to me:D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi....welcome to posting at iboats.

while the history of the manufacturer has some fun value.
you will never find the magic blueprints for the boat.

the only way to find out how they built it ...is to roll up your sleeves and get at it.. its fun....but messy messy work

Rosecon

Cadet

Thanks for the info.Interesting stuff with a little home state flavor. Unfortunatly couldn't find my boat anywhere. Oh well, I was just hopeing to see another one like it. I'll try to get a picture of it up soon. I'm hoping to get it on the water 1 more time before the demo starts.