Stabilizer question

hostage

Lieutenant
I had my boat winterized (antifreeze and fogging) my mechanic didn't add stabilizer and neither did I. I only put 10gals of e10 in it three fill ups ago. The rest has been marina pure gas. Do I need to worry about stabilizer or should I just put some in the tank now. I am worried about carb and hoses.

Thx

-Hostage

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Stabilizer question

you need to put it in the tank and run it to get the stabilized fuel into the carb. If you can't run it put it in the tank and drain the fuel out of the carb. its not as good but better than doing nothing. I would also fill it all the way up with non ethanol fuel to try and keep the water that will separate from the e10 diluted.

hostage

Lieutenant

I ran it close to empty before I filled it up there really shouldn't be any left the other than those 10 gals it was all pure gas. Hrmm need to figure out how to drain the carb

jp10

Seaman

Since you mention carb, I'll assume it not direct injection. For a few dollars and piece of mind in February, add an 8oz. bottle of Star Tron, but drain the carb as indicated. It's not just E gas that needs stabilizing, BTW.