replacement for wheel fender...

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander
Almost a week ago, a deer ran into my boat and trailer while I was traveling 55mph. It's a 1992 EZ LOAD"R dual axle trailer. The front port side fender was torn off and destroyed. It's heavy duty ABS, but not heavy duty enough, aparantly:rolleyes:. I was very happy that none of my family was hurt. (My wife and two sons, 7 and 2 were in the truck with me.) The boat took a little paint and gelcoat damage in two places on the port side toward the stern. Can anybody help me with finding a replacement fender? I'll thank all of you in advance for your thoughts. Thank you VERY much... How was that?;)

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: replacement for wheel fender...

I have a 1999 EZ Loader tandem axle trailer for my 1984 Sea Ray cuddy. I just replaced both fenders due to rust issues. I bought a pair of new unpainted steel fenders from a local trailer parts place for $125. These were generic parts (not EZ Loader specific) and were not difficult to fit to my trailer. In fact, they look identical to the fenders installed on the tandem axle trailer for my Four Winns. The most time consuming part of the whole project was prepping and painting them.

Shrike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

iboats has Trailer Fenders

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

If you want to find them local try Northern Tool and Tractor Supply.
Use a good etching primer then paint away..;)

The last set i installed i primed then used the roll on truck bed liner.
It has good grip for stepping on the fenders in wet shoes and also lasts very long.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

You people are UNBELIEVABLE:D
Less than two hours ago, I ask for help... Three "helps;)" when I check back.
Gary H NC, Have you checked out my recent response to your guidance to the 1989 Yamaha OEM service manual? Thank you again...
I said it there, and I'll say it again here... Thank you, all of you!!! It truely is a pleasure and an honor to be part of this community.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

We are glad to help! All part of being in the Iboats family..:D

Glad you got that manual....much better than a Seloc or Clymers manual.
The wife is one good woman to order it for you..;)