OMG, what is this world coming to???

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
I opened a large container of coffee today, and once again there is no measuring scoop!!!! This is the third coffee container I've opened and no scoop!

What gives? Are the coffee companies squeezed so tight that they can't afford to include the scooper any more? Those little plastic scoopers probably cost less than one cent each.

This country is going down hill fast.

:D

puddle jumper

Captain
Re: OMG, what is this world coming to???

What, I don't think I have ever gotten a scoop in my coffee. :confused:

Kiwi Phil

Commander

Must be an American thing...:D...I just use an old tablespoon...;)

I too reckon it must be a American thing.
Never seen a 'scoop' in a coffee jar in my life!!
Probably old fashioned, but we just use a teaspoon.
Cheers
Phillip

aspeck

Staff member

I opened a large container of coffee today, and once again there is no measuring scoop!!!! This is the third coffee container I've opened and no scoop!

What gives? Are the coffee companies squeezed so tight that they can't afford to include the scooper any more? Those little plastic scoopers probably cost less than one cent each.

This country is going down hill fast.

Oh the humanity! What a horrible, horrible ordeal! Unbelieveable! :p

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Must be a government conspiracy........:eek::p:D

mscher

Lieutenant

Maybe they figure, you can use one of the fifty scoops, you already have. The scoops will last more than one can.

They probably don't cost much to make, but if they buy them by the millions, it adds up. i use the one that came with my coffeemaker.

scipper77

Commander

I read this thread and all I could think of is it's not even snowing yet. Once the boats are all under tarps let the dock side chatting begin, lol.

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just do what we do when underway with Navy coffee cans. Get a disposable paper/wax impregnated cup and cut it into a third. Works great, that is if you keep the bottom third.

Summer Fun

Banned

These Mods are so good on here. :D, I think they can delete threads while they sleep.
lol-045.gif

LadyFish

Admiral

These Mods are so good on here. :D, I think they can delete threads while they sleep.
lol-045.gif

LOL we are located all over the U.S. the time zone differences work in our favor. :D

scipper77

Commander

LOL we are located all over the U.S. the time zone differences work in our favor. :D

I agree, This forum is the best moderated forum I know of. I have only seen spam threads before the mods 1 or 2 times and I reported those threads, Mods zapped them within 1 minute. Even oversized pictures are caught around here within minutes.

My favorite by far however is when a mod in order to save a good thread gone south goes in and edits several posts to reword them making them sound like an argument in a pg movie.;) that just kills me!!

Great job mods:D

P.S. I have a Keurig, so I don't measure. I love the thing, there is never a mess to clean, and never a pot of old cold coffee from yesterday to deal with.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

I too reckon it must be a American thing.
Never seen a 'scoop' in a coffee jar in my life!!
Probably old fashioned, but we just use a teaspoon.
Cheers
Phillip

Phil,
I've had Australian coffee....trust me...a TABLEspoon works way better....;):D

LadyFish

Admiral

We grind ours so we use a 1/4 cup of beans, works perfect. :)

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Never seen a scoop in a can of coffee in my life :confused:
Do have a dedicated scoop, don't know where it came from....

<<)))(((>>

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Maybe they figure, you can use one of the fifty scoops, you already have. The scoops will last more than one can.

They probably don't cost much to make, but if they buy them by the millions, it adds up. i use the one that came with my coffeemaker.

What they don't realize is the scoops work really well to measure out small amount of epoxy resin/hardener and are trash after that. So yes, I do need a new scoop with every can!!!!! :D:D:D

I guess this is an American thing. Almost every brand of coffee I can recall used to include a one table spoon measue with every can. And yes, we did get lots of them, but we also used them up. So now the drought comes, thanks to a crappy economy. If I want to buy a one table spoon scoop, it will cost about $2.25 at the local food super market.

Go figure.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I read this thread and all I could think of is it's not even snowing yet. Once the boats are all under tarps let the dock side chatting begin, lol.

Just wait until its snowing....