old 60hp johnson

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all, I went to look at a boat today with a 60hp seahorse OB motor on it and since I don't know that much about motors I came here. I tried to pull it thru with the pull starter but could not budge it and no batt. to start it. so should I forget it and keep looking or is there some other way to check it thanks.:confused:

Aratsman

Seaman
Re: old 60hp johnson

Tough to goto that craigslist ad, being you posted the email address for the ad, lol. Try linking the link in your address bar at the top of your screen.

oldcatamount

Lieutenant Commander

It's likely froze up. Do you know the year? Looks to me like the boat and trailer are well worth 300. Looking at it that way, you get the motor for nothing and in that case it's worth working on it.

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks oldcat, I was trying to figure that out as the owner did not know. I tried to look up the numbers but could not find it. the model number is VXL-12R and the s/n is J2631639 if that helps.

v8mgbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello all, can someone tell me where I can look up the model or serial number in the previous post to find out the year of the motor I am looking at thanks.