Potential owner

NJRobert

Recruit
I am shopping around for a 26-28 center console and might possibly have an interest in a 28 Model 284CC. I am new to the center console market and would like to get some feedback on Mako, and how it might compare to others in it's size class. I know that the boat is heavy in weight and for that reason, I'm wondering about the ease of manuevering with twin Verado's, how quickly it jumps on plane, and what can I expect over the next 4-5 years in terms of quality and workmanship. I am looking at a couple of 2007's.

Thanks.

Robert

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Potential owner

the old mako's were good solid boats, the newer ones do not enjoy a very good reputation. I think I'd keep looking. Good market now, although lots of people with that type boat will keep them through the striper season (I assume you are in NJ).

For that investment I think I'd try to get a better quality. If you were looking at a 17 for knocking around, it would be different.

Many of the good mid-range boats start with "Sea". Focus on the condition of the motor; unless it has been sunk or filled with rain water for a year, a center console less than 5 years old can't get hurt much.