'75 Thundercraft 160 resto (my first boat)

deltatechx

Cadet
Bought her and the trailer for $100, here's what it looked like when I got it home:

and after a few minutes of tearing up the floor:

The last registration tag on it was for 1979 so it's been sitting out uncovered for a while now. All of the wood is completely decomposed except for small sections of the stringers and the majority of the transom. I'm going to completely replace the stringers, floor, and transom. This is the first boat I've ever worked on or owned so it'll definately be a learning experience. I'm currently using these two threads to help me out:

Thundercraft 160 rebuild DONE and catching fish w/ Pics!

My tri-hull transom replacement w/ pics

Since I'll pretty much be following in the footsteps of these two, I won't be posting pics and descriptions of every single step but any deviations I make will be documented (i.e. I plan to use a single stringer and bulkheads and also plan to brace the transom to the floor and side walls).

drewpster

Commander
Re: '75 Thundercraft 160 resto (my first boat)

Mine is a couple years younger (77), see link below.

Andy in NY

Commander

$100 bucks aint bad... looks like that floor is mush!

deltatechx

Cadet

It had a '66 Johnson 100hp V4 (V4ML-12R) but it doesn't run. I got a tune up kit and am hopeful that I can get it running, I love the way this engine looks on the boat.

deltatechx

Cadet

This is the interior design I'm going for:

Where can I find captains chairs like the ones above or this one:

deltatechx

Cadet

Transom is out, now I just need to chisel out the excess fiberglass and sand it all down :)