Who here has never experienced snow?

Moody Blue

Captain
We received the first snow of the season late today. Snowing pretty good with big wet flakes that won't accumulate on the ground, but a reminder of whats to come.

Got wondering about how many people have never experienced snow. You know, shoveling, snowball fights, snowmen, driving in it etc.

sasto

Captain
Re: Who here has never experienced snow?

Sorry to say......not in years. I may be able to cross the Atlantic....but put me in a car in that stuff, I will be grounded

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

Snow is the water my boat floats in come springtime! Bring it on! We need a reload around here.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

We get a few snowy days around here, but everyone that drives in it acts like they've never seen it before....:D

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

I am a Minnesota native I was born in a snowbank...

Attachments

• Paul and Sleds.jpg
    Paul and Sleds.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00477.jpg
    DSC00477.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 0

CVX20SPRINT

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know some of our southern friends feel sorry for us up here in the Great White North,but don't on my behalf.I kind'a like the change.Boat and motorcycle in the summer and snowmobile in the winter.ATV year round.You just need different toys for different seasons.Ontario has approx. 25,000 miles of sled trails groomed up like hyways.Check this out http://www.ofsc.on.ca/

After winter is over,you get the boat out and it's like you got a new toy all over again.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

I'm sure that there is some purpose for the greater good in having snow, i just happen to hate the cold weather.

CVX20SPRINT

Petty Officer 1st Class

One good thing about the cold is that you can always put on more clothes.Not so for the heat,you can only take off so much.
I was in South Carolina on the bike this summer and I thought I would die from the heat and humidity.If it's too hot to sit outside at night and sip a beer I don't want to live there,although I'd guess you would get used to it.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I wish I could say I have never experienced it !!!!:(

sasto

Captain

I know some of our southern friends feel sorry for us up here in the Great White North,but don't on my behalf. QUOTE]

Not this southerner...I would like someday to visit your country in the winter. Snowmobiling would be top on my list of things to do. I would try skiing...but it's to hard getting my boat on top of that mountain. :eek: My line of work keeps me here. Enjoy your winter.

Haffiman

Commander

Is this the 'stuff' you are talking about??

Attachments

• nesbr03.jpg
    nesbr03.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 0
  • nesbr01.jpg
    nesbr01.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 0

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

being born in Northern wis in late Nov I believe I was born in a snow storm. LOL

Dazz66

Cadet

There is a little mountain in the south of Western Australia called ?Bluff Knoll.? I say little, because it is only 1095m and you can walk up and down in a day.
It is famous locally, because once every few years it will snow there, the ONLY place in Western Australia that it does, and even then we?re talking about a thin sprinkling that vanishes with the first rays of dawn.

So no, never seen the snow. I have travelled quite a lot for work, but everywhere I got just seems to be HOTTER.

DayCruiser

Ensign

Upstate SC gets a good measurable snow once or twice a year. Most everyone goes crazy and has a good time. The snows used to be better before the climate cycle change. The roads would freeze and refreeze for days. Making them good for sledding. Once I get my snow fall. I am happy and ready for hot weather to return. Unfortunately we have 3 months of cold weather with short breaks of warm weather.
Ya most of us are used to the hot, humid weather. I don't give it much thought. Just drink more Beer :D

mxfever

Petty Officer 1st Class

One good thing about the cold is that you can always put on more clothes.Not so for the heat,you can only take off so much.

A lot of snow birds around here say that in the summer. I personally love the heat, just live in the wrong place. My theory on the hot day's is the water temp is just getting warmer. So, bring on the heat! We'll be laying down a new floor on the pontoon this winter so hopefully the cold will go by quick!

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

Spent most of my youth between Alaska and Upper Michigan (on lake Superior) so it suffices to say yup! Last year while living in DC the city shut down for 5 days because we got hammered. I am pretty sure I am safe for now in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius....from the snow that is.

hostage

Lieutenant

Where I work we get a lot of people who come from India to work with us. Most of them have never seen snow and they are excited to see it when it does snow.

-Hostage

LadyFish

Admiral

I was born and raised in the Adirondack Mountains, I've seen enough snow for a lifetime. I moved to Texas when I was 23 and haven't been back home during the winter since.

Although I grew up snow skiing and tobaggoning I prefer to be fishing and camping in the colder months.

I kid my family about having only having 3 weeks of summer, but some years are like that for them. Its way too long to be stuck inside and cabin fever sets in.

D

DJ

I was born and raised in the Adirondack Mountains, I've seen enough snow for a lifetime. I moved to Texas when I was 23 and haven't been back home during the winter since.

Although I grew up snow skiing and tobaggoning I prefer to be fishing and camping in the colder months.

Like LF, I grew up in the upper regions of this great country. I've lived in the North and South since. I prefer the south.

Here in AZ, half the population is from Chicago and points west. Get one drop of rain and they all lose their heads.:confused: If it snowed here, the city would be shut down for days.:(

For those of you that have it. Keep it and enjoy it.;)

perchin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah......i live in Michigan so.........:D