cd2usl ignition module

ukmember

Seaman
Hi all,

Replaced the ignition module on my 1987/88 evinrude 30 this year due to the centre metalic pins coming out and then leaving me without a spark ....

Have returned to do some winter maintance and the same thing has happened but this time i caught it in time i hope and refitted them with a small drop of high strength retainer.

All working well except for what seems to be a double fire and over reving, im going to time the engine as per manual but can anyone else shed some light on this, dont really want to replace another ignition module in 12 months but will if i have to.

Is this a common fault as whn i search Engine Room parts list they list only a conversion, which is what seems to be fitted to the spare i have but the last owner "cooked " this when they tried to remove the water jacket and thermostat housing with a gas torch so rendering it useless, also the flywheel on mine has got a small amount of internal scaring from the previous ignition module letting go. But the engine was firing ok untill this time ???

please help as i know the rest of the engine is fantastic.

Regards UK Member