I need help finding Volvo Penta parts!

vicman

Seaman Apprentice
Maybe I am overlooking the obvious, but does anyone know of a good website that you can buy volvo penta parts. Iboats sends you to the volvo penta company and I would like to find somewhere that has exploded views and a parts number list. I try to buy from iboats when I can, but I was hoping for some other options as well. The official volvo site is not easy to use unless you already know the part number.

Jeepster04

Chief Petty Officer
Re: I need help finding Volvo Penta parts!

Volvo Penta's website has the most recent parts break down and part numbers for everything.

I personally use MarinePartsSource.com for everything I order. So far theyve had everything Ive searched for and its been cheaper than anywhere I can find.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

iboats IS who powers the Volvo Penta site. In other words, Volvo used iboats to display their parts catalogs.
You don't need the part numbers, just the model number of your engine. Then hit the "Volvo Penta Parts" link just above the first post.
Once you find a part, and put it in your cart, it IS in an iboats cart, and the part will be shipped from iboats.

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Volvo Penta's website has the most recent parts break down and part numbers for everything.

I personally use MarinePartsSource.com for everything I order. So far theyve had everything Ive searched for and its been cheaper than anywhere I can find.

I also just used MPS. I liked them.

Gromulin

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm with the OP..I'd like to use iBoats for all my VP stuff, but unless you have the exact part number you are SOL. Example: My 5.7 PEFS has two options for a serpentine belt...but no explanation which is which. Same issues with a few other maintenace parts. Just poor web design, it seems. The VP side of iBoats could use some E-store upgrades.

I'll be taking my parts in to a local dealer this first year to make sure I have ALL the correct part numbers...then I can add them to my datasheet, and probably use iBoats from then out.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

What I like about fasteddies(Pamlico Marine) is that you actually call and talk to a live parts guy if you want. The guy is experienced and looks things up so you get the correct part. That and the best prices around takes me back to them.