Bestest wife ever (at least to me)

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class
My beautiful wife gets up at 330 in the mornings that i have to work and makes me lunch, kisses me and sends me off to the mine. She then goes to work and gets home aroound 6 in the evening, makes me dinner, does the dishes, and gives me a massage. She is going to school to become a massage therapist. So I get 3 to 5 massages a week. This evening she gets home from school around 7 pm after leaving this morning at 630. I immediatly put her to work on the boat and she helped me put on the lower unit. Those tubes are a pain by yourself. She helped turn the wrenches and we got it all put together. Now my beautiful wife is making me dinner, and I will soon be getting another massage. Oh and she also bakes very well. Thank you Lord for bringing this wonderful woman in my life.:D

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Bestest wife ever (at least to me)

Women are the Devil..... Just kiddn Good for you :) I just got divorced from an evil __! that robbed me blind. Its nice to hear they are not all like that... More power 2 ya. May your marital bliss continue :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

What would Gloria Steinem say?:eek::D

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

Women are the Devil..... Just kiddn Good for you :) I just got divorced from an evil c#^! that robbed me blind. Its nice to hear they are not all like that... More power 2 ya. May your marital bliss continue :D

Yeah I did that too. 13 years ago and still fighting with her.
EDIT

But thats OK. I got a new wife and she MUCH like the OP's wife.. she's not a massage therapist. But she does all that other stuff. cooks cleans keeps me happy and LOVES to help me with my toys and my work.

When you fins the right one... life is good!

Last edited by a moderator:

j_martin

Admiral

What would Gloria Steinem say?:eek::D

Who cares.:eek:

Sometimes (not frequently) my wife will just lay there and let me make my own breakfast.

After 40 years, she's earned that privilege.

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class

Who cares.:eek:

Sometimes (not frequently) my wife will just lay there and let me make my own breakfast.

After 40 years, she's earned that privilege.
well in forty years i will occasionally make my own breakfast. it has only been a little over 5 months. you have been married as long as i have been alive. what is your secret, that is quite an accomplishment. congrats to you and your wife.

paultjohnson

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah I did that too. 13 years ago and still fighting with her..

Edit

But thats OK. I got a new wife and she MUCH like the OP's wife.. she's not a massage therapist. But she does all that other stuff. cooks cleans keeps me happy and LOVES to help me with my toys and my work.

When you fins the right one... life is good!
LOL Thx for the "splaination.......
But if mama aint happy...aint NOOOOOOOO body happy:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi Phil

Commander

stic mate, I'm not to sure how to put this, in fact I may be in the wrong paddock all together, but i would be guessing your little piece of paradise may not be 'for ever', on the grounds that, well, do you think you may be accepting just a bit too much from her.

You didn't tell us what you do to make her life an absolute joy from 3.30am till she hits the cot. I mean, I'm sure there is another side to this story.

Sorry mate, just .... (i think I will stop now).

Cheers
Phillip

Fly Rod

Commander

Does she have a twin sister? :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Some of you guys crack me up.

A good wife does not have to be subserviant, just sayin..... ;)

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Every couple that lasts finds the right system that works for them, and I'll tell you, it involves a lot of give and take and adjusting on the part of both partners. Consideration of the fact that every point of view is valid, and a willingness to adapt are essential. My wife of 30 years has been my best friend for 37 years. I think that "best friend" thing is the key.

angus63

Captain

"it has only been a little over 5 months"

Aye, there's the rub...:p

j_martin

Admiral

well in forty years i will occasionally make my own breakfast. it has only been a little over 5 months. you have been married as long as i have been alive. what is your secret, that is quite an accomplishment. congrats to you and your wife.

The secret is...........My wife is a saint.

Seriously, it's a couple of things.

1. Communications held to biblical standards is critical.

2. Never quit dating. Successful spouses are always looking for ways to please, usually by surprising the other one. Here's a couple of examples.

My wife traveled about 40 miles to look at a new stove at a discount place. I knew she would want it, so I arranged delivery before she even got there as she was concerned about that, and trying not to bother me. I then got one of the salesmen to put the letters S H M I L Y (See How Much I Love You) in big black marker on a sheet of paper and put it in the oven.

Another time, my wife needed unwinding big time, as she had been working hard gardening or something. I knew she had a chiropractor appointment, so I got there ahead of her and made arrangements for an hour of massage therapy, her choice next door. She didn't know about it till she got to the chiropractor.

She treats me likewise.

Just remember this, washing the dishes could be the beginning of foreplay.:D

hope it helps
john

WIMUSKY

Staff member

"it has only been a little over 5 months"

Aye, there's the rub...:p

Exactly. Enjoy while it lasts, Stic. The sea will eventually change......

The secret is...........My wife is a saint.

Seriously, it's a couple of things.

1. Communications held to biblical standards is critical.

2. Never quit dating. Successful spouses are always looking for ways to please, usually by surprising the other one. Here's a couple of examples.

My wife traveled about 40 miles to look at a new stove at a discount place. I knew she would want it, so I arranged delivery before she even got there as she was concerned about that, and trying not to bother me. I then got one of the salesmen to put the letters S H M I L Y (See How Much I Love You) in big black marker on a sheet of paper and put it in the oven.

Another time, my wife needed unwinding big time, as she had been working hard gardening or something. I knew she had a chiropractor appointment, so I got there ahead of her and made arrangements for an hour of massage therapy, her choice next door. She didn't know about it till she got to the chiropractor.

She treats me likewise.

Just remember this, washing the dishes could be the beginning of foreplay.:D

hope it helps
john

Good stuff, J(or is it Red?)........

Jerryh3

Petty Officer 1st Class

thumb_thisthreadisworthlesswithoutp.gif

18WCmerc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i was raised on the saying "treat her like a queen and you'll live like a king" i do my best, but at the end of the day i get to do what i want like boating,fishing, drinking, spending dumb money etc... if she's happy, then were all happy...

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class

KIWI- I dont expect her to do the things that she does. I can cook and clean, as I do when I am on my 7 days off every month.

Ladyfish- She is my better half and not a subserviant. The only thing I do ask of her is to keep her rabbits cage clean. I have known her for over 25 years and we were both brought back home at the same time in life and we just clicked together. We have lots of interest that are the same. I love her like I have loved no other woman and she would not have to work if she chose not to. She was raised on family values,and uses the Bible to guide her through life. Her family have been farmers here in the valley for over a hundred years on the same land and her parents gave her a work ethic and a huge heart. She is a very giving person

Flyrod- as a matter of fact yes she does have a twin sister, but she is already married

J Mart- I do believe I have found a saint also.

stic88

Petty Officer 1st Class

i was raised on the saying "treat her like a queen and you'll live like a king" i do my best, but at the end of the day i get to do what i want like boating,fishing, drinking, spending dumb money etc... if she's happy, then were all happy...

I do call her "my beautiful Queen" . I got the boat for her, she is my designated driver when I go out drinking, but I hand her my check so I dont spend very much "dumb money". If momma is not happy, then nobody is happy.

DayCruiser

Ensign

I would not want my wife to do everything for me. I lived alone for a long time and got used to taking care of myself. I make my breakfast, lunch and still work. I do my laundry and we split cleaning the house. She cooks a few times a week and I buy her supper a few times a week. We both go get groceries. I am used to it. Really doesn't faze me. Now your wife could die any second and leave you fending for yourself. May be hard to find another subservient woman. My wife could die and I would just keep on with what I am doing without much problem. Probably unnerve me to be so dependent on someone. I have met some widow ladies who were completely lost when it came to finances etc because their late husbands did everything for them. They thought they were doing them favor--NOT. Made Grief and life much harder on them.