Selva Maiorca 35hp - Re starting issue

Wee Dafty

Recruit
Hi All,

Firstly I am as new to forums as I am to boating and apologise in advance for my terminology etc.

I have purchased 3.6mtr Rib complete with a Selva 35hp electric start outboard. I use the rib for sea fishing and a bit of beach hopping ( Not so glamorous as it sounds as we are in Scotland :) ... I have had the engine fully serviced about 3 months ago and had the starter solinoid replaced, comments from the mechanic was that, " it was a good clean engine that had not had a lot of previous use".

When I run the boat either for a short 5-10 minute journey or for a longer 25-30 min run and then turn off the engine, occasionally it will not start again, it sounds as if it is going to and sometimes does but when you engage gear it cuts out. I have checked the fuel and the fuel bulb to ensure that it is full etc..... Then maybe after 10-20 attempts it burst into life and off we go again without any problem. We can stop start again a number of times without any issues but then can be hit with the same problem and symptoms.... When sea fishing we need to start stop as we are drifting.....

I would be very grateful if anyone can offer any suggestions, many thanks in advance.