94 48 HP Johnson Boggin down

ziggy101

Seaman Apprentice
i have had intermittent problems with the motor running WOT, feeling like its not getting fuel and thought i had fuel line issues. i have worked on the fuel line and thought i had it fixed until today. Normal top speed is about 26 MPH today to problem occured again and could not get above 8 MPH, unless i choked it and then it ran full speed. Is this a fuel pump issue, carborator or what? even when it bogs down it sounds ok - does not smoke

ziggy101

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 94 48 HP Johnson Boggin down

Tashasdaddy - do you recommend buying a rebuild kit or just cleaning what i have?

Thanks for the advice

bigrockets

Seaman

If you are going to the trouble of taking the carbs off buy the kits and get the oem kits with new floats included. That way you can remove the calibtation port plugs and will have new ones to install. The oem manual has the best rebuild proceedure. You will need some fuel proof sealant and will need to modify a screwdriver to remove some of the screws.

ziggy101

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the advice. ordered the kits. one more question. can i remove the carbs and replace without having to do a link and sinc, or further tune up type work?