Help -3 yrs of problems Suzuki DT 200

Pencove

Recruit
I have a 1989 DT 200 Suzuki Exante ? the famous ?talking? motor(although the audio features were eliminated years ago) ? 2 stroke, 12 sparkplugs, with less than 400 hrs. For three years I have been fighting a problem of the engine ?surging? ? briefly increased rpms ? intermittently. I have two different fuel sources and the engine runs the same on both ? with and without filter so the problem is in the engine. The first year my Suzuki dealer checked said everything fine, compression, internal fuel filter, sensors and ended up replacing the stator assembly ? very expensive. This reduced but did not eliminate the problem. In the second year the problem increased ? we replaced 5 sparkplug caps which were cracked and the problem was better. In the third year we replaced the balance of the sparkplug caps and the engine ran with very little ?surging? for 4 weeks of heavy use ? on the last day ?surging? returned with a vengeance. Now the engine seems to shut down to reduced rpms just like it would with low oil or low oil volume ? even though we have repeatedly pushed the red reset button while the motor is running. I have tested the low oil level sensor and it works fine. Last week, I replaced the oil filter/flow sensor with no change in behavior. Any ideas?

M

mrcrabs

Re: Help -3 yrs of problems Suzuki DT 200

I wonder why your post didn't get moved so someone could help you:confused: personally I'm thinking crankcase seals or bad electronics