Some GOOD boating news...

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/506718-ranger-boats-arkansas-plant-to-expand-add-jobs

Fishing Holdings, the parent company of Ranger Boats, today announced the expansion of its manufacturing facility in Flippin, Ark.

The company will invest $13 million to retool, transition and expand its facilities, creating more than 115 new jobs. The additional jobs will increase total employment at the manufacturing facility to approximately 540 people.

"We're very fortunate to have a world-class manufacturing facility that's home to such wonderful employees and some of the industry's strongest brands," Randy Hopper, president of Fishing Holdings, which includes Ranger, Stratos and Triton boats, said in a statement.

eclark53520

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Some GOOD boating news...

Nothing wrong with more jobs, and more boats!

Good to hear midst all the lay-offs and closings of other companies.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Couple hours north of me. Beautiful part of the natural state.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

how many of the other Genmar lines did they do away with?

98Shabah

Chief Petty Officer

That is great news, I love that area, my father lives in mountain home. I've been keeping an eye out for IT jobs in that area, maybe they'll need a network admin/systems admin for their newly expanded facility.:) I'll keep my fingers crossed.

gonefishie

Commander

Not sure if they did away with any line but they did moved the Triton plant from TN to AR so that's good for AR but bad for the folks in TN. If they don't bring new boat prices back down to earth there won't be many good news in the future.