Do you Believe in Ghost?

DayCruiser

Ensign
My cat died a few months back. Now I primarily like dogs. But this stray cat just adopted us 7 years ago and I got very attached to it. Anyway, about one time a week I here one or 2 meows. I heard it today! Everything was quiet. I was sitting here looking at iboats. No one was in the house but me. Then I hear this faint meow. Not her strong meow. This happens at different times of day or night. Makes your hair stand up LOL . Gives me the heebeejeebees. Sometimes it makes me sad.. One time per week and thats it! Like she just has that much energy. Sometimes she manages 2 meows. Today I go outside and look around the house and nothing is outside. The meow didn't sound like it came from outside. Never have I had something point so clearly toward being paranormal as this. I can't write it off as just my imagination.
Anyone else got any true ghostly experiences?

a70eliminator

Captain
Re: Do you Believe in Ghost?

I believe there is an explanation for the sounds your hearing, go out and rent a movie by Stephen King Pet Cemetary that should fix you right up.

markernineteen

Seaman Apprentice

Surprise ! Another stray cat . Better put out some food for it , then you'll find the source of the meows .

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I don't believe in ghosts, spirits, etc... There has to be an explaination for the noises your hearing, like someone mentioned, perhaps another stray.

metalwizard

Chief Petty Officer

My dad passed away in February, since the day he passed away our refrigerator unlocks itself (the digital control panel) and starts changing temperature.. then starts beeping.

Had the module changed. next day same thing. they can;t find a problem.

When it happens I look up and say "Yes Dad what can I do for you" then it seems to stop for a while...

I hope thats not reincarnation... my luck I'll come back as a toaster or a blender..

itsaboattime

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'm a firm believer in ghosts.
The house I owned when I was married had ghosts. In 11 years of ownership I never found explainations for things moving themselves or noises or "something" playing with my feet while in bed.
Your cat may still be there or she may not.

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

One night my wife's cell phone rings. We barely heard it since it was in a case in her purse that was in a closet. By the time we dug it out, the ringing stopped. Since very few people have her number, we see who called and called back. The gal who answered said she was returning our call. Well we didn't call her, so we figured she dialed it wrong. Nope. She just did a "call back" and never dialed. Hmmmm.

The next morning I get online and did a reverse lookup. Seems it was to a phone sex line. Hmmmm.

When we get back home I called the cell carrier to see if it was possible for someone to hack into her cell phone. Nope. Could they look up and see if that call originated from the wife's phone. Yep, the call went out at 11:30pm. We were both sleeping at the time. Hmmm.

That coupled with the fact that a friend of my daughters swears that our upper rear bedroom is haunted and that room is directly above our closet where the phone was located, makes us wonder.

I dont believe in ghost because if they were real one of them would have already kicked the *** of on of those guys on TV who go around whispering and talking to ghost....A real *** whuppin

DayCruiser

Ensign

I have been a skeptic too when it comes to the paranormal. If I don't hear it or see it then I find it hard to believe it. The thing is I heard same the sound(s) in another room too. That room is 2 stories off the ground. Nothing to climb up on. Yesterdays room has 2 stories on just one side. More like a decrepit cats meow too. Not like a full throaty meow.
Anyone who keeps up with science these days will here about how complex the Universe really is. Sounds like science fiction. Most of us thought the show Star Trek the Next Generation was science fiction. The one with Capt Picard and company. Now we here(today's scientist) talk of multiple Universes. Different dimensions of space and time. Black Holes. Worm holes. Bending of space. Energy that always exist. We are just starting to learn. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Would the people of the 50s had ridiculed scientist talk of Black Holes in space? Called them insane? How about multiple Universes?
Scientist don't understand "consciousness". Or what happens to our "energy". Ever talk to somebody about scientific facts and new discoveries that doesn't keep up with them? They usually dismiss them as fantasy. Really messes with their harmony in their world of simplicity:
"The Sun will die out in 5 billion years. The Sun is a Star and scientist see them exploding by using the Hubble Telescope" "No can't be! That is crazy talk! I don't believe it!"
Really disturbs their world when they see Earth in pictures from a distance. How we are practically invisible mixed in with the millions of other Stars and Planets .
What I am say is the Universe is much more complex than our little minds can ever imagine. Fantasy is becoming reality. Many scientist (past and present) can't come to grips with the limits of their pee brains. So even many of them rule out the Paranormal and Super natural. Even as they talk of Multiple Universes and Black holes they can't see and Dark matter they can't see and on and on

DianneB

Petty Officer 1st Class

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

(Hamlet, by William Shakespear, Act 1, Scene V)

As a scientist I have seen and experienced far too much that can not be explained to discount that which lies beyond our senses.

huntndakota

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have seen spirits/ghosts at my dads old house. So I know there are things out there that we can't explain. If there are people that are still here after death why can't animals? We are all made of the same stuff. One thing that gets me is when relegious people say that there are no ghosts. If they believe in God then they would believe that we have a spirit/soul. Why can't some stay here instead of going up or down?

WIMUSKY

Staff member

One thing that gets me is when relegious people say that there are no ghosts. If they believe in God then they would believe that we have a spirit/soul.

I would think everyone believes that whether they're religious or not.....

perchin

Petty Officer 1st Class

:eek:............ when there's something strange......in your neighboor hood....who ya gonna call..... "ghost busters"...:p

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

Surprise ! Another stray cat . Better put out some food for it , then you'll find the source of the meows .

i was thinking she left him a kitten.

that said You're probably just so accustomed to hearing it you think the meow is there but maybe not.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

I dont believe in ghost because if they were real one of them would have already kicked the *** of on of those guys on TV who go around whispering and talking to ghost....A real *** whuppin

now that would be a show worth watching, LOL

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

One night my wife's cell phone rings. We barely heard it since it was in a case in her purse that was in a closet. By the time we dug it out, the ringing stopped. Since very few people have her number, we see who called and called back. The gal who answered said she was returning our call. Well we didn't call her, so we figured she dialed it wrong. Nope. She just did a "call back" and never dialed. Hmmmm.

The next morning I get online and did a reverse lookup. Seems it was to a phone sex line. Hmmmm.

When we get back home I called the cell carrier to see if it was possible for someone to hack into her cell phone. Nope. Could they look up and see if that call originated from the wife's phone. Yep, the call went out at 11:30pm. We were both sleeping at the time. Hmmm.

That coupled with the fact that a friend of my daughters swears that our upper rear bedroom is haunted and that room is directly above our closet where the phone was located, makes us wonder.

that or you better start turning on the charm for your wife, she's getting bored. LOL just ribbing ya. do you need the number to the florist?

reality is cell ph numbers are now fair game to telemarketers. best way to get you to call them is to call you late at night and hope you'll dial them back. they make money by you calling their number. watch your bill for a one minute charge. may not sound like much but if they get a few thousand people they've made some money.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer

My wife works at a place where they deal with people hearing things. Mostly they hear voices telling them to go out and do something bad.

I will ask her if she has dealt with anyone hearing meows.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I don't believe in ghosts but I do believe in hallucination and extrasensory perception.

Our own minds can create perceptions while we wake just as they do while we sleep.

In addition to that there are things that are real that we simply don't recognise for what they are so we assign mysterious explanations to them.

rndn

Commander

Being raised in a haunted house, I can say I absolutley belive in ghosts.
Over the years we had many non-believers come into our house and usually shortly thereafter they became full believers.
I lost count of the number of times we would hear loud heavy footsteps stomping up the celler stairs only to have the basement door fly open breaking a slide latch. There was never anything there, but is became a routine experience for us.
There were sightings of a man dressed in a suit and carrying what we all thought looked like an old doctors bag, a white glowing ball, and a woman dressed like she was heading to a formal ball.
These sightings were made by our clergy, friends, neighbors, and relatives.
There was a bedroom that no one could sleep in because something would keep breathing on you, turning on and off the light which was a long string hanging from the ceiling.
I could go on and on and on as well as provide first hand witnesses to these experiences.
Ghosts have been very well documented throughout history and are recognized by most religous organizations.
I would not expect someone to believe me that there are ghosts until you see it for yourself. With my experiences, I would not wish that upon anyone. It can be terrifying and even after more than 30 years of being out of that house I still wake up in the middle of the nights with terrible nightmares reliving some of the stuff we went through as kids living in the house.