Seaman Apprentice
Re: No Longer Available seal for VOLTAGE REGULATOR

Just searched iboats, shows in stock.
Regards,

DamianJP

Chief Petty Officer

Hi

Damn 76canaventure you the man! I thought if that one source was NLA all would have been NLA. Good find and I gotta remember for the future.

Thanks again,
DamianJP

j_martin

Admiral

Hi

Damn 76canaventure you the man! I thought if that one source was NLA all would have been NLA. Good find and I gotta remember for the future.

Thanks again,
DamianJP

Make a pattern from it before you put it in, just in case you need another someday.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Boats.net may have it in their warehouse but it is NLA from Merc and shows "0" in stock at 3 Mercury warehouses. It just a o-ring and you can buy the material from a hydraulic or rubber & gasket parts house and make your own....
http://www.nashvillerubber.com/

DamianJP

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks j_martin and Faztbullet

Seems like stock is running low, gotta grab one and make a copy like Jmartin said.

Great tips guys, never thought about making my own. Always knew they made cut-yourself gasket material but it totally slipped my mind.

Now whats is this seal for? My guess is the Voltage Reg. is water cooled and goes threw the exhaust divider plate cover and thats why you need a seal there?

Thanks again,
DamianJP

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!!!! You are correct as it seals against outter jacket