1990 200 hp

MiBass4

Cadet
Have had the boat for only 2 months now and everything was going perfect, I recently replaced the prop and after a couple trips out the motor wont go, WOT the boat will only get to about 2k RPM and do about 7MPH, With just buying the boat don't really have the extra expense of taking it somewhere unless need be, any help would be greatly appreciated. The first time i noticed it i just held the hot foot down and after about 15 seconds the motor got up to what it was suppose to be doing RPM and MPH, then slowly after it took longer and longer until now when it wont get up and go above 7?

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1990 200 hp

More info.Ser# Carb or EFI.
Do a compression test,Then a spark test.Then check your fuel system.
Post the results.J

MiBass4

Cadet

Its a carburetor engine I don't have a way of doing a compression test currently, im up north and theirs nothing around here and was suppose to stay fishing until next week but might have to call it a early vacation to get the proper testing possibly.

gss036

Commander

Pull the cowling off and check your throttle linage to make sure it is working and did come loose or slip. Try revving the engine with the cowling off and of course in the water.